2. LEVEL OF MOBILIZATION: staff, students, volunteers
Urgent and Immediate
PROTECT THE SENATE'S $1.9 MILLION INCREASE FOR ABE IN FY 2018!
With just eight days left to adopt the state's budget, House and Senate negotiators continue to hammer out key tax and spending details for the coming year.
They need to hear from you to ensure that funding for ABE goes up in FY 2018.
When the House approved its version of the budget back in April, it provided $28.9 million for ABE for FY18. The Senate appropriated $30.8 million in its version. Given the $1.9 million difference between the two plans, the final amount is being negotiated
now by a Joint Conference Committee.
We must protect the Senate's proposed $1.9 million increase.
PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE IMMEDIATELY!
- Please call your state senator and state representative today and ask them to:
Urge their respective Senate and House colleagues on the Joint Conference Committee to keep the Senate's funding level of $30.8 million for ABE line item #7035-0002.
- If your senator or representative is a member of the Joint Conference Committee (see list below):
Urge them to keep the Senate's funding level of $30.8 million for ABE.
- Please also remember to thank your senator and representative for their support of ABE.
We have had a lot of support in both the House and Senate during the budget process. Now's the time to keep pushing to the end so we don't lose the additional funding we need and worked so hard to obtain.
- Please take 5 minutes to make your calls right now and ask colleagues, students, volunteers and others who support ABE to do the same.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THESE CALLS!
JOINT CONFERENCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Email Jeff McLynch or call 617-482-6223 (office) or 617-835-1421 (mobile).
NEXT MCAE PUBLIC POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
AUGUST 4, 2017
10 a.m. to 12 noon
World Education 44 Farnsworth St Boston, MA
via videoconference: Picknelly Education Center Holyoke, MA