- The budget includes $29.63 million to fund ABE line item #7035-0002.
- While we worked hard to preserve the $30.8 million in funding which the Senate recommended, the budget compromises made by the Joint Conference Committee reflect the revised revenue forecasts for FY18. Revenue for the new fiscal year, which began on July 1, is now projected to be
$700 million less
than the forecasts the House and Senate used when they drafted their respective budgets this spring.
- Most state agencies were level funded, and the Conference Committee made some significant cuts so ABE fared reasonably well.
- In FY18, there was $350,000 in earmarks ($250,000 for Operation ABLE in Boston; $50,000 for Casa Dominicana in Lawrence; and $50,000 for the Lawrence Family Development and Education Fund, Inc. in Lawrence) compared to $375,000 in FY17.
- Below is a chart showing the different allocations during the FY18 budget process and a comparison to FY17 and FY16. The figures show some increase in FY18 even after we account for earmarks and 9C cuts.