Alert #2: FY2016
1. PURVIEW: State (
2. LEVEL OF MOBILIZATION: Staff, students, volunteers, anyone who supports an increase in state funding for ABE
MCAE COMMITS TO COLLECTING
FOR THE FAIR SHARE AMENDMENT!
We are working with Raise Up MA to collect 1,000 signatures for the Fair Share Amendment.
The amendment will raise the percentage of income tax paid by people who earn more than $1 million per year
Massachusetts millionaires pay a smaller percentage of their income in taxes than the middle and lower classes.
If they pay their fair share, we'll have additional revenue to invest specifically in education (including Adult Basic Education), transportation and infrastructure.
- In the long term, this amendment will end the rhetoric of "it's a bad budget year" and give us a better chance of obtaining increases for our programs!
SIGN UP TO COLLECT SIGNATURES TODAY!
achieve our goal,
we need 40 people to collect 25 signatures each.
We need you!
- Sign up to collect signatures
- Collecting signatures is easy! Our field organizer will send you hand outs and walk you through the process!
Thank you for helping us work towards long term budget increases, and show the power of Adult Basic Education!
HELP US UPDATE OUR EMAIL LIST!
- As the school year is getting started, we're trying to update this email list. Please fill out
this quick form
(it will take you less than a minute) so we can best tailor emails to you!
, MCAE Public Policy Field Organizer or call her at 617-433-8586 or 617-482-6223.
NEXT MCAE PUBLIC POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
OCT 16, 2015
10 a.m. to 12 noon
44 Farnsworth St
Picknelly Education Center, Holyoke, MA
for exact room location