- This afternoon, Governor Baker released his FY18 budget proposal and recommended
for Adult Basic Education line item #7035-0002.
- After the Governor's 9C cuts made in December, the current FY17 funding level for ABE is $28,803,089.
- The Governor is proposing
a cut of $320,712 for ABE
from its current funding level
- While the Governor's budget begins the state's budget process, it is
and represents the Governor's spending priorities.
- The next step in the budget process is the release of the House Ways and Means budget in mid-April, followed by the release of the Senate Ways and Means proposed budget in May.
- We must contact our legislators now to tell them how important ABE is, the return on investment to the state for money spent on ABE, and the declining purchase power of the ABE line item due to inflation.