2. LEVEL OF MOBILIZATION: Staff, students, volunteers, friends, family, anyone who supports an increase in state funding for ABE!
ACT NOW TO ENSURE $35 MILLION FOR ABE IN FY17 STATE BUDGET!
- State representatives and state senators are preparing their FY17 budget
"wish list"now and will soon be meeting with House and Senate leadership to advocate for their budget priorities.
- After the Governor's 9C cuts this month, the ABE line item (#7035-0002) is currently funded at $30,749,160.
- Your state representative(s) and state senator need to hear directly from you that ABE is important to you. Let them know about
the need for ABE in their community and the need for a $4,250,840 increase in ABE funding to $35 million.
- Let's make some noise! Please call your legislators now.
They are hearing from other advocates and need to hear from you regarding ABE before they finalize their wish list.
- After you've called, please
email to let us know whom you called so we can keep track of which legislators have been contacted.
WHEN YOU CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS:
- Speak with an aide if the legislator is not available. A conversation with the aide is just as valuable.
- Urge your legislator to put $35 million for Adult Basic Education (line item #7035-0002) on his/her FY17 budget wish list when speaking with the legislative leadership.
- Tell your legislators how the investment in ABE benefits your community. Share the successes of your students!
- If you need some background information, please use this infographic. Share it with others at your program and your legislators.