SENATE AMENDMENT WILL BE FILED TO INCREASE ABE FUNDING TO $32.6 MILLION
- The Senate Ways and Means budget for FY17 funds ABE at $30,524,866.
- Senator Sonia Chang-Diaz (D-Boston) will file an amendment to increase funding for ABE line item #7035-0002 to $32.6 million.
- Although MCAE's budget request has been for $35 million, after consultation with Senator Chang-Diaz's office, it was decided that $32.6 million was more in line with state revenue growth and had a better chance of being successful.
- Our goal is to have at least 15 of the 40 senators sign on as co-sponsors to Senator Chang-Diaz's amendment, and we need your help to make it happen!
- Although Senators can sign on to co-sponsor up until the amendment is debated on the senate floor, we're in a stronger position if we have as many co-sponsors as possible when the amendment is filed tomorrow, May 19.
PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES TO CALL YOUR SENATOR TODAY!
AMENDMENT FILING DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!
- Please call the your senator (the one who represents you where you live).
- Speak to an aide.
- Identify yourself and say you are a constituent and registered voter (if you are registered).
- Urge your senator to sign on to Senator Chang-Diaz's amendment to fund the ABE line item #7035-0002 at $32.6 million.
- To sign on, Senators should email Nathanael Shea at Senator Chang-Diaz's office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow, May 19.
- If the Senator says he/she is part of the leadership and unable to sign on as a co-sponsor, urge the Senator to do everything possible to support the amendment during debate.
Even if you called your Senator earlier in the budget process, it is still vital that you call again today with this specific request.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- To find your senator, click here.
AS ALWAYS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENATOR IF HE/SHE IS A CO-SPONSOR ANDTHANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!