Dear MCC Friend:
I'm writing these words to you from Europe, where I am traveling to ordain our pastor in Cologne, Germany, visit our MCC offices in Romania, and meet Russian and Ukrainian clergy and folks who are affiliating with MCC.
What a joy to see the ways God is blessing and using MCC!
In my travels:
I am reminded there is so much we cannot do alone!
I am reminded it takes all of us to succeed!
I am reminded we are stronger together!
That applies to our finances, too! These are tough times economically, and our members, local churches and denomination have all felt the impact of the global depression -- we have really struggled in this economy. But we still have important work to do, and we will only be able to do that work of saving lives when we commit to working together.
How will our denomination bridge the gap between local church income and what is needed to carry out God's calling for MCC?
I am convinced there are many people who,
if they could give even a modest monthly gift
to MCC globally over and above
their local church giving, would do it!
From the very earliest days of MCC, there has always been a small core group of highly committed individuals who give sacrificially above their local church giving to help the MCC denomination carry out God's calling to our world.
Here's what God has placed on my heart:
To carry out God's vision for MCC,
we must expand this core group!
I tithe to my local church, and my local church, in turn, gives to the MCC denomination. For a long time now, I also have contributed directly to the MCC denomination because I know there is a gap between what we receive from churches and what is needed to accomplish MCC's life-saving, history-changing mission!
Here's where we stand today:
As of May 2012, there were 55 MCCers who give monthly to our denomination. We have nearly doubled that number in just two weeks with an appeal to clergy, staff and denominational teams! I am launching a campaign, right now, to increase that number to 200 monthly donors within the next six weeks!
Will you respond and help me meet the goal of 200?
Here's how you can help:
- If you are not yet a monthly donor to the MCC denomination, make the decision to become a Founding Member of The Moderator's Circle, the core group of generous, visionary people who are helping MCC's mission become reality. Simply CLICK HERE to sign up today!
- If you are already a monthly donor, prayerfully consider increasing your monthly donation. I am leading the way by increasing my own personal monthly gift to MCC's denomination.
- Tell your friends and family about The Moderator's Circle and invite them to become Founding Members by making a monthly gift in any amount. Maybe you know someone who believes in MCC and could give but who has never been asked. Is there someone -- a family member, a friend, a fellow worshipper -- you could share this information with and invite them to become a monthly donor?
This is what will happen when you join The Moderator's Circle:
- You will receive regular updates from me about exciting developments in MCC.
- You will receive two tickets to be my guest at The Moderator's Circle Reception at General Conference - along with all the other benefits listed below my signature.
- Your generosity will become a wonderful buffer against the ups and downs of the economy, a way to strengthen and stabilize MCC's income to do the amazing work we do.
- You will make it possible for us to sustain our goals for 2012 and 2013, to strengthen the resources and programs we can offer to local churches, and to help us turn around in this tough economy! Here are just a few things your gifts will make possible: Stewardship summits and resources, opening our online store, and implementing plans to revive new church starts in the U.S. and Canada!
Most of all, you will send the message, "WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER!"
I am so thankful for your partnership with MCC, and I hope you will join as a Founding Member of The Moderator's Circle. CLICK HERE!
May I hear from you today?
We are stronger together,
The Rev. Dr. Nancy Wilson
Metropolitan Community Churches
P.S. When you join The Moderator's Circle, I'll hold two tickets for you to be my guest at the Moderator's Reception at our upcoming MCC General Conference -- along with all the additional benefits you'll find listed below.
P.P.S. I encourage you to give first to your local MCC church -- then give over and above your local church giving to support the MCC denomination through The Moderator's Circle.
P.P.P.S. If we are to reach our urgent goal of 200 monthly donors to The Moderator's Circle, I need to hear from you! Please CLICK HERE to sign up today.
Giving Levels & Benefits
FRIENDS - Give up to $499 annually. Benefits: Monthly Members E-mail Newsletter from the Moderator * Certificate of Membership * Advance Copy of Moderator's Annual Fellowship Sunday Sermon * Name Recognition in General Conference (GC) Program Book * Inclusion in Autographed Moderator's Circle Group Photo at GC * Two Tickets to Moderator's Reception at GC
SPONSORS - Give $500-$1199 annually. Benefits: Everything listed above for FRIENDS, plus...Copy of the Moderator's Installation Video * Name Recognition in GC Slide Show
PARTNERS - Give $1200 and up annually. Benefits: Everything listed above for FRIENDS and SPONSORS, plus...Name Recognition on GC Lobby Marquee Board * Moderator's Breakfast or Luncheon for Member and Guest at GC
To Join The Moderator's Circle
As A Founding Member
Rev. Elder Troy Perry - Founder, Metropolitan Community Churches
Every single day, I pray for Rev. Nancy Wilson, and I ask for God's blessing on her incredible vision for MCC's future. And every single month, I send a gift, over and above my local church giving, to bless the work of MCC worldwide. I invite you to join me in becoming a member of The Moderator's Circle, as the best way MCCers in this generation and in this moment can partner with Nancy to realize our Moderator's vision for launching new church starts, reaching a new generation of young people, doing justice around the globe, and continuing the vital work of changing the heart and face of Christianity. Won't you join today?
Marsha Warren - MCC Member
I became a MCC monthly donor for purely selfish reasons -- because of what MCC had done for me. MCC helped me to reconcile my spirituality with my God-given sexuality. The message and the people of MCC helped me become whole. I am a monthly donor to The Moderator's Circle because I want others to heal just as I have and so that others who are still oppressed can become free.