What is the Christmas Festival?
On December 4, 2016, MCS will host its annual Christmas Festival, one of our biggest fundraisers. Local vendors and artisans sell their goods from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Their goods are amazing and make wonderful Christmas gifts for family and friends (or yourself...because you've been good!)
In addition, the PTO holds several other fundraisers during the event - a Gift Basket Sale; a Book Fair; a Raffle of Themed Prize Packages (including two high demand "Golden Ticket" raffle items); and an Hourly Raffle of vendor-donated items. In addition, we sell lunch, snacks and drinks in the Kitchen as well as delicious baked goods at the Bake Sale Fundraiser during the event.
Are there activities for the kids?
Yes! The cafeteria is transformed into a kid's play area with crafts, games, a mini candy store...and most importantly, a chance to visit with Santa Claus.
What do families need to do? All families are asked to support the festival in each of the following five ways.
1. Donate an item for the Gift Basket Fundraiser
2. Donate an item for the Class Themed Prize Package Raffle Fundraiser
3. Donate an item for the Bake Sale Fundraiser
4. Donate a food or drink item for the Kitchen Fundraiser
Donation items are being collected starting Monday, November 14th. Please send Gift Basket items no later than Monday, November 21st, and all other items by Monday, November 28th. More information on each of these items can be found in this newsletter. Make sure you're on Santa's "good list" by participating in all 5 areas!
What else can I do to support the Christmas Festival? There are many other ways you can support this great event.
- Send us vendors.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends and family to stop by during the event.
- Help us put together the fabulous gift baskets before the event.
- Send in empty baskets that can be used to create the gift baskets.
- During the event, purchase gift basket or take a chance in a raffle.
- Stop by the Book Fair and purchase some books to read over Christmas vacation!
- Bring the family for a fun day!