What is a Twitter chat? It’s an opportunity to engage in a “live” conversation on a designated topic at a designated time using Twitter. And the ideas from the chat remain posted for others to review later. It’s a fun way to network and share ideas – from the comfort of your home.
For the past few months, MESPA has scheduled a chat on the first Wednesday evening of the month (#MESPAChat). Last week, the August chat saw 18 principals actively participating. While most were from Massachusetts, the chat included the president of our sister organization in Minnesota (also MESPA!) and a principal from California. The chat saw so much activity over 30-45 minutes that it made the list of “Top Ten Trending” twitter hashtags (just ahead of Eminem!). Who knew principals could be so cool?
Moderated by Liz Garden (@PrincipalGarden), the chat focused on sharing back to school ideas with participants answering five questions:
- What new idea from your summer learning are you “buying into” and incorporating this year?
- How will you get the most bang for your buck this year?
- What worked well last year that you will carry into this year?
- How will you market your school this year?
- If money were no object, what would you do for your school this year?
Thanks to all who participated and for providing inspiration for the opening of school!
The next #MESPAChat will be Wednesday, September 7 at 8:00 pm. Mark your calendars!