Welcome to The Family!
Pastor Ulysses Stephen King, Jr., Mrs. Tiffany, and the Memorial Tabernacle Family welcome you to the family. We invite you to become a member of a family of believers God is using to "reach to teach, teach to change" one person and one block at a time. We pray you will choose to attend the reunion to receive the love God has given us to give to you specifically! #Galatians610 #HarvestTime #HolySpiritRestatMTC
Notes From Sunday's Sermon
"GOING TO THE DOGS"
Numbers 14:8-11, 25
A name sticks with us from birth until death and although we often have no control over it, our names can define us. We can all thank our parents for our name. Do you want to know the meaning behind your name?
Caleb, mentioned in Numbers 13, had a grandfather and a grandson named, Caleb. There were three members of that family named after the Hebrew word for "dog." In the Old Testa
ment, names always have meaning and significance. So why was Caleb given the name for a "dog"? Other translations render the meaning as "bold" or "brave".
Collins New England's Dictionary defines dogged as "absolutely determined, willful or tenacious." Webster's Dictionary defines it as "marked by stubborn determination." Phrases like "dogged courage" and "dogged faith" are common. What is the mark of the dog then? It hangs on. It follows. What marked Caleb, along with his friend Joshua, from all the rest? He had dogged courage and dogged faith.
Some people say all that is needed to inherit the promises is faith. The Bible says we need something more: "Do not become sluggish (lazy), but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises" (Heb. 6:12). Nowhere in the Bible is a blessing offered for laziness. In fact, the Bible condemns drunkenness much less than it does laziness. We wouldn't tolerate a habitual drunk or an alcoholic in the church, but we have a lot of lazy people in the church.
Five times Scripture says Caleb "wholly followed the Lord." In Deuteronomy 1:35, 36 says, "Surely not one of these men of this evil generation shall see the good land of which I swore to give to your fathers, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him and his children I am giving the land on which he walked, because he wholly followed the LORD." Are you wholly (doggedly) following the Lord?
We must fully and doggedly follow Jesus, not part of the way, but all of the way. -USK
Because of Christ,
Pastor Ulysses Stephen King, Jr.
Wow... BASF was awesome!
Fellow YGG Can Crushers and Advocates,
BASF Saturday, November 11 was awesome! Many of the moments were captured throughout the experience! From the activities, to the energy, to the excitement! All of it is soo appreciated, and you can get a glimpse of the experience by visiting the YouTube video. Huge thank you to all those who were able to support and volunteer. Unfortunately, several of our volunteers were not able to participate, and we do hope everyone is okay. Believe me, there will be several opportunities in the future. :) Save the date for Sunday, December 17 at 3PM as we do our end of the year debrief and celebration! Thank you and see you then! ~ Mrs. Tiffany
Happenings at Memorial Tabernacle Church
God is doing new and exciting things as we embrace and impact the North Oakland Community! Upcoming gathering opportunities are exciting! Get connected and get plugged in!
View our church's online calendar here.
Need to know what is going on at Memorial Tabernacle? You will find it here!
- Children's Choir | Sunday, Brother Smiley met with all parent, grandparents, and guardians of children 3 to 10 to discuss the desire to bring the Sunbeam Choir back! If you missed the meeting and would like your children to be involved, please contact Bro Smiley at (925) 206-6701.
- Music Ministry | This Wednesday is the 3rd Wednesday, and the choir will have rehearsal at 6:30PM. Please be present and see Bro Smiley with any questions.
- Volunteering to Serve | Thank you to all who registered to volunteer at the City of Oakland Annual Thanksgiving Dinner happening Tuesday, November 21st. Additional sign-ups must be made directly with the event coordinator.
- Witnessing | Take an opportunity today and everyday to be a witness for the Lord!
- Christmas Outreach | In December, we will have engage community to collect keep warm care items for our Christmas Gift Giving. This year our hearts have compassion for the many homeless youth on the streets of Oakland. Please mark your calendars to attend an input meeting Sunday, November 26 at 12:45PM. Discussion around target schools and gifts will occur.
The Memorial Tabernacle Church has come together by the Holy Spirit for the specific purpose of preaching and teaching the word of God, (the Bible), and about Jesus Christ, God's son, and to proclaim the gospel of the Kingdom of God to the North Oakland Community and its environs; to bring healing to the brokenhearted and deliverance to the oppressed.
Everything we do and desire to do we aim to reflect in our
and on our
which is updated as needed. It is very important that you download, save, and read the bulletin and stay connected with our online calendar. If it is happening at MTC, it is in the bulletin and/or on the calendar. Be encouraged as you are invited and welcome to engage at Memorial Tabernacle Church!
Tithes & Offerings
Thank you so much to those who are able to support the ministry of Memorial
Tabernacle Church financially. Your giving of tithes and offerings enable us to meet the needs of our ministry, members, and community!
If you would like to give weekly, monthly, and/or annually, please do! Freely you have received; freely give! We thank you in advance!
There are several ways to securely give:
- Online at http://mtchurch.org/contributions.shtml. Select the desired Offering type.
- Mail your offering to: Memorial Tabernacle Church, PO Box 3024, Oakland, CA 94609.
- Drop-off your contribution at the administrative office located at 514 - 58th Street, Oakland, CA.