Sling-Shield is used to protect boat lift slings and vessel hulls during launch and haul-out. It rinses off completely so as to not transfer dirt, grime, etc. from one boat to another and keeps slings clean which extends sling life. Sling-Shield is a simple, one man installation system. It is simply pulled over the sling, cut from the roll and then taped in place.
When boats with bottom paint are lifted by a boat lift, the slings tend to peel the paint from the hull - the Sling-Shield helps stop damage to the bottom paint. It's also used as a tube to direct air into a boat during service or assembly when attached to a fan or air conditioner. It can also exhaust dust and fumes from inside holds, engine compartments and cabins during service, for personal safety during repairs and assembly.
The Sling-Shield will shrink with very little heat; it can be used to protect sail boat masts during transportation and storage.
Now in 6 different widths & available in 300' or 600' lengths
* 6" x 300' or 600' rolls called "Shore Power Sleeves" are great when being used to protect shore power cords, lines and hoses from damage. Keeps dock areas neat and clean during dockage.
* 8" x 600' roll is used during dockage to protect dock power cords from damage during tide changes and vessel movement, and to keep dock areas clear and neat. it can be used in boat manufacturing during assembly and marine service to run power cords, air lines, etc. over the side of the boat to prevent damage and marks.
* 12" x 600' clear roll (special order) is used as ducting and ventilation tubing.
* 16" x 300' or 600' white rolls are standard for 12" slings.
* 18" x 300' or 600' white rolls are made for slings with rub-rail pads.
* 36" x 600' 8 mil white Yacht Sling-Shield is used on Mega Yacht Mobile 300 ton boat lift slings and larger.
* 1 1/2" x 108' Poly Vinyl Tape is used to hold the Sling-Shield to the sling to prevent it from slipping down the sling during usage. This tape will hold even when wet. Other tapes like duct tape or masking tape will not stay in place once submerged in water.
All Sling-Shield products are made in the USA & come with UVI protection.