Pictures in WS studio
Pictures in HP studio
HP Recital Tickets go on sale
WS Recital Tickets go on sale
T-Shirt orders are due
Both Studios CLOSED for Memorial Day
Senior information and Student Recognition Ads due
Last day of classes!
Dress Rehearsal at Williams Auditorium from 8:30am-10:00pm
June 23 & 24
Studios CLOSED for 4th of July!
WINSTON SALEM CLASS OF THE MONTH
Monday ADV Tap
HIGH POINT CLASS OF THE MONTH
Friday Preteen Ballet
WINSTON SALEM STUDENT OF THE MONTH!
HIGH POINT STUDENT OF THE MONTH
The private lesson students performing in this recital need to be in the Williams Auditorium at WSSU on
Saturday morning, June 24, 2017
Show starts at 8:30am
Students performing are beginner and intermediate voice, piano, guitar, violin, and dance students.
This performance is for any family and friends and is free of charge.
Each student should have already received a copy of the Recital Newsletter in class with all the forms attached. If you need any extra forms:
T-Shirt Order Form
Dress Rehearsal Schedule
Ticket Order Form
DVD Order Form
Student Recognition Ad
Please stop by the office and we will be glad to give you extra copies or you can print additional forms from our website!
DON'T FORGET THERE ARE NO 2016-2017 CLASSES AFTER RECITAL
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER AND WE WILL SEE YOU IN AUGUST!
DO YOU HAVE PLANS FOR THE SUMMER?
LET TRIPLE THREAT HELP!
Princess & Pirate Camps
IN JUNE & JULY FOR
IN JULY FOR 5-12YR OLDS
PRIVATE LESSONS IN HP AND WS.
Camps fill very quickly so sign up today to hold your spot!
You may register online for camps and private lessons too!
This month's newsletter is all about Recital. Your student will also receive a paper copy of the Recital newsletter in the first week of class this month. If you have any questions about Recital please ask, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We want Recital to go smoothly and be a great experience for all our parents and students.
RECITAL! RECITAL! RECITAL!
Recital Dates are June 23-24!
Performers need to be backstage by 6:00pm
Show starts at 7:00pm
Performers need to be backstage by 11:00am
Show starts at 12:00pm
High Point Recital
Performers need to be backstage by 2:30pm
Show starts at 3:30pm
Performers need to be backstage by 7:00pm
Show starts at 8:00pm
The private lesson students performing in this recital need to be in the Williams Auditorium at WSSU on Saturday morning, June 24, 2017 at 8:00am. The recital will start at 8:30am. This performance is for any family and friends and is free of charge. Students performing are beginner and intermediate voice, piano, guitar, violin, and dance students.
There will be teachers and helpers to help get your child where they need to be as well as supervise and assist them backstage. All performers must stay backstage during the recital.
At the High Point performance, 5 & 6 year old students will be released to parents backstage after their last performance.
All remaining children will be picked up backstage after the show.
Saturday, May 20 at 10:00am-2:00pm
Friday, May 19 at 4:00-8:00pm
Each student performing receives 4 free tickets. Additional tickets are $10 each. All tickets, purchased and free, must be picked up at the studio. Seats are assigned, so if you would like your party to sit together, please purchase/pick up your tickets at one time.
Be sure to read the ticket policy on the order form. Order forms are available at the office and on our website.
Please remember NO TICKETS will be sold at the door on WSSU campus!!!
Recital DVDs are $45.00 each and are available for Friday Night, Winston-Salem Matinee, High Point Matinee & Saturday Night performances, so please specify which performance you wish to purchase when you fill out your order form.
Personal videotaping and flash photography will not be allowed at the performances because this is dangerous to our performers.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for editing, production and delivery of the DVDs.
Orders are due by Saturday, May 20!
This year we will be offering short sleeve & long sleeve recital t-shirts. The shirt will be black and have our theme,
, on the front and the names of the performing students on the back.
Long Sleeve T-Shirts: $25
Short Sleeve T-Shirts: $20
T-Shirt orders must be turned in on time. No extra shirts will be ordered. Order forms are available at the office and on our website.
It is very important to make sure that the student's name is in all shoes and costumes. This is especially important at performance time so that the student has what they need to go on stage and so we can identify it from other students. Please check your child's shoes to ensure they fit properly for the performance.
Seniors, please turn in to the office information about what your plans are for next year by
. This information will be put into the Recital Program.
STUDENT RECOGNITION ADS
This year we will be selling spots in our program to showcase students, much like the spots you would purchase in a yearbook.
1/2 Page: $65, 4 photos & 100 word limit
1/4 Page: $35, 2 photos & 50 word limit
1/8 Page: $20, 1 photo & 25 word limit
Order forms are available at the office or on our website. Please see office staff if you have any questions.
All ad order forms are due by May 31st.
Thursday, June 22 at 8:30am-10:00pm
will be held at the Williams Auditorium at Winston-Salem State University. All students
attend dress rehearsal in order to perform in the recital. It is very important to attend to ensure that everyone will have a successful performance.
Parents can drop their child/children off back stage.
Parents are not allowed to stay backstage.
There will be signs leading to the backstage area where performers will stay. There will be assigned teachers and helpers to take the students to
proper dressing area, during both the dress rehearsal and the recital. There will also be teachers and helpers assigned to supervise and assist your children.
Once your child has rehearsed each dance they are participating in, they may be picked up.
Please be at the Williams Auditorium at WSSU at the beginning of your scheduled time slot, dressed and ready to perform.
Dress Rehearsal for Music Lesson students participating in Main Recital is Friday, June 23 starting at 1:30pm.
Dress Rehearsal schedules are available on our website.
DIRECTIONS TO WILLIAMS AUDITORIUM AT WSSU
- Take Business 40 to Exit 6-C Martin Luther King Jr. Dr./Winston Salem State University.
- Follow WSSU signs to stoplight.
- Take a left on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
- Go to your next stoplight and take a left on Cromartie Street.
- Williams Auditorium is on your right (on corner).
- Parking is on your left and right.
- Follow signs to entrance of the auditorium.
DOs AND DON'Ts OF RECITAL
PLEASE REVIEW WITH CHILD!!!
- No underwear under costumes
- No nail polish on fingers or toes
- No jewelry
- No gum
- No Sodas allowed back stage. You may want to bring a water bottle and a non-messy snack. We do not want food or drink to be spilled on costumes or in the Dressing Room
- Hair and Make-up fixed as specified in class
- Performers should have pink leather ballet shoes, black jazz shoes, and black tap shoes. Refer to your costume sheet.
- Make sure your shoes are in good condition and fit.
- Make sure you have all the pieces to your costumes. If you lose something there are no extras so you may not be able to perform.
- Make sure your name is in all of your shoes and costume pieces.
- Always act appropriately on and off stage.
- Please be quiet on and off stage.
- Stretch and warm-up before you perform
- If you are not dressing or helping a younger class, wait in your dressing area out of the other performers' way. We have some students who have quick changes.
- No performers should be in the audience except for the classes released at intermission. The performers released at intermission who return to the audience to enjoy the rest of the show MUST be out of costume and in regular street clothes.
- Performers need to be responsible and organized!! Keep all of your things together
- No Parents backstage during the Recital. Drop off students at the designated area. Just follow the signs. There are teachers and helpers responsible for the younger classes.
- At the High Point performance, 5 & 6 year old students will be released to parents backstage after their last performance.
- Most importantly work as a team and be respectful of everyone!
These things will help to organize and provide a successful and professional performance atmosphere for each student. If you have any questions please see Holly, Kim, or Office Staff or email us at email@example.com
There are also videos on our YouTube page on how to do hair and make up for Recital.
You can get to these videos via our website or our Facebook page:
We would like to thank all our students and families for being a part of our studios this year. You have made it very special! We are looking forward to a wonderful Recital.
Kim Moser Hobson & Holly Grubb Smith
Triple Threat School of Dance, Music & Acting