SBE voted on the following business items:
- The Board adopted a of resolution in recognition of State and National Teacher-of the-Year Ms. Mandy Manning.
- With the transition to the new Washington School Improvement Framework:
- The Board approved of releasing Marysville, Soap Lake, Tacoma, Wellpinit, and Yakima school districts from Required Action Designation.(Note: There were some conditions placed on this decision.)
- The Board approved suspension of recognition of schools. (Note: This is an annual process to recognize schools that was scheduled for Spring 2018, that will be suspended for only this year. The Board encourages local recognition this year. The Board intends to recognize schools next year.)
- The Board approved of the CTE Course Equivalencies recommended by the Superintendent of Public Instruction: Automotive Technology 1, Automotive Technology 2, and Biotechnology.
- The Board approved of Option One Waiver requests for Richland, Sultan, and Tacoma School Districts. (Note: For Tacoma School District, two of the requests were granted as a one-year waiver.)
- The Board approved of Option Two Waiver request from Waterville School District.
- The Board approved of filing a CR-102 on WAC 180-105 (School Improvement Goals).
- The Board approved of filing a CR-101 on WAC Chapters applicable to HB 2824.
- The Board approvad of filing a CR-101 on WAC 180-51-067, -068, and creation of a new section of WAC (to implement changes for Civics and High School and Beyond graduation requirements).
- The Board approved of future Board meeting dates and locations.
- The Board approved of the list of private schools recommended by OSPI for the 2018-2019 school year.
- The Board approved provisional status for private schools Eastside Community School, Fusion Academy, and Lumen Academy.
Presentations and discussions:
NEXT BOARD MEETING
July 11-12 at ESD 101 in Spokane. You can register for our community forums in Spokane (July 10) and Seattle (June 20).
Sign up for
from the State Board of Education on the topics that interest you.