Stroll for Strong Kids
This year's superhero-themed Stroll for Strong Kids, set for Saturday, June 2, at the University of Rochester, is gearing up for a fantastic day of family fun. Visit our Stroll page for more information on the 16th annual event, which is presented by Abbott's Frozen Custard.
More than 188 teams have already registered for the Stroll for Strong Kids, and teams are coming up with lots of creative ways to raise funds for their teams. If you're looking for ways to move into the Top 10 for Stroll Team Fundraising, here are some tips about how to get the word out:
- Call your family and friends -- there is nothing like a personal touch to get the ball rolling!
- Create a video to send out to family and friends
- Hold an event with proceeds to support your team
- Car Wash: Tag Along with Tyler and Team Colby are partnering to hold a car wash fundraiser Saturday, May 19, to help raise funds for the Stroll.
- Poker Tournament: Every year, the Milburn family holds a Casino Bus Trip and Casino Night to raise funds for their team, Cruzin' for Cory.
- Barbeque: Team Ali-Gaiters holds a clam bake, set for June 9, and an event called Music for Miracles to raise funds for the Stroll. What's better than gathering loved ones to enjoy the outdoors and spend time together to help a good cause?
Let us know what great ideas you have about promoting your Stroll for Strong Kids team by posting on our Stroll event page on Facebook. We'd love to hear from you and thank you for your support! Please contact Michael Fahy at (585) 276-5176 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this year's Stroll.
Pediatric Surgery Division Helps Make Miracles Happen
There is a critical need to teach and train the next generation of pediatric surgeons. And as the breadth of the region we serve grows, so do the numbers of surgical cases and their complexity, and the need to continue to attract and retain surgical specialists.
One of our 2010 Miracle Kids, Owen Harford, is a perfect example of the experienced surgical care Golisano Children's Hospital can provide children in the region. Visit our blog to see a video with Owen's mom and to read more incredible stories about children who have been treated by our hospital's Pediatric Surgery Division.
As part of Golisano Children's Hospital's capital campaign, we're focused on enhancing programs and services in seven key areas, including our pediatric surgery program. With your help, we will focus on developing more minimally invasive surgical techniques, recruit more talented surgeons, and equip new facilities and operating rooms for our patients. Read more about our plans to enhance our pediatric surgery program, and how you can help.