1. "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city."
2."When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family. "
3. "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is."
4. "The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. "
5."There is no such thing as a "broken family." Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you."
6. "My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it."
7. "Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it."
Ann Brashares, Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
8."When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway."
9."Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much."
10."Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley