Just a reminder that our first conference organizing meeting is this Thursday (October 5th) from 4 - 6 PM at the Rainbow Center (room 403) at UCONN in Storrs.
Hope you can join us. Please spread the word about all the ways that folks can make the conference magic happen.
Options (choose any or all!)
- Offer a workshop. The DEADLINE is November 10th. Please spread the word! There are two different forms. One is for YOUTH ONLY Audiences (use this one if your target audience is middle or high school students) and All Other Audiences (use this one for college, general, professional, parents and caregivers, activist institute and spiritual institute audiences) Please read these guidelines first
- Participant in the General Organizing meetings: Meet once a month at UCONN in the Rainbow Center (dates below). These volunteers brainstorm ideas, get trained and help train other volunteers, help solve ethical questions and have fun doing it.
Meeting are on the first THURSDAY of the month from 4:00 - 6:00 PM, Room 403, Student Union UCONN . We will start with pizza and soda.
- The dates are:
- October 5th
- November 2nd
- December 7th
- February 1st
- February 15th
- March 1st
- March 8th
- March 30th (feedback meeting)
3. Join the leadership team
. This team meets once a month at the True Colors office in
Hartford. Hard core planning takes place in these meetings. Learn the skills for key
positions including volunteer coordinators, presenter liaisons, building managers, etc.
PLEASE RSVP FOR THE LEADERSHIP MEETINGS VIA EMAIL AT
- Meetings are on 3rd TUESDAY of the month from 6:00 - 7:30 at 30 Arbor Street, Suite 201 A, Hartford (note change from Thursday!!)
- The first leadership meeting is Tuesday, October 17th
Thanks very much! Can't wait to see you!
Robin McHaelen, MSW