All of us at Memaloose/Idiot's Grace extend our joyful wishes for a great Christmas and Holiday season - full of Family, Friends, great food and interesting wines.
And, our sincere thanks to each of you that have helped us have such a fabulous year here at the winery. Cheers to everyone!
Celebrate 2017 and the Bald Eagles' return
to Lyle on Sunday, January 1 at the Tasting Room...for our 6th annual "Great Eagle Outing".
The event runs from 10:00 - 3:00 and will be our most special to date!
We are thrilled to have a new eagle presenter, Catherine Flick, perhaps the top eagle authority in the area. (She leads the annual "Friends of the Gorge" excursions among other credits - and she will have special eagle presentation materials and 3 scopes for viewing our fine-feathered friends from the Tasting Room deck. Eagle walks, lasting about 45 minutes, will start at 10:30, 12:00 and 1:30).
The Eagles have begun arriving along the Klickitat and at the "spit" by theTasting Room, and we hope for a great show this year. Here's what we have planned:
- Your $15/guest suggested tasting fee will be donated to the GCF, the leading philanthropic organization in the Gorge. Children are welcome (a small contribution, maybe?). In addition we will donate $2.00 for each wine purchased this year!
- Catherine Flick will lead viewing from the deck with presentation materials to teach us about the Eagles. The learning will be supplemented with short hikes along the Klickitat at approximately 10:30, 12:00 and 1:30.
- Plenty of hors d'oeuvres, snacks and hot mulled wine!
- 7 of our finest Memaloose and Idiot's Grace wines will be open for your tasting!
- We will have our usual silent auction, expanded this year with a selection of rare Library wines, "verticals", plus some neighboring Lyle wines available! All proceeds will be donated to GCF. (There will also be a mystery wine at a special price).
So, if you are not absorbed in football, join us for some fresh air, a little exercise, a top nature show, wonderful wines and accompaniments, and a good start to 2017 by thinking of others less fortunate. Don't miss this event...it's everyone's favorite of the year.
Dress warmly (layers, best) and have comfortable walking shoes/boots.Bring binoculars if you have them. If weather takes a nasty turn, an update message will be left on our phone (509-774-9050).
We will provide more details in a short newsletter about one week before the event.
It will be treat for us to greet you on New Year's Day. We hope you can join us! If not, be sure to stop by on a weeken
d this winter, and come see us on Valentine's and President's Weekend.