Dear Middle School Families,
The following information is being sent to you in order to clarify the mechanics of our book order/purchasing system. Beginning at Middle School level parents/students are expected to purchase from Follett (which goes live on August 1st) or from another source if you choose.
We are pleased to announce that BB&N
has chosen Follett Virtual Campus as our official textbook provider for the upcoming school year. Follett serves more than 47 million students
through the delivery of physical and digital learning materials, retail services, school content and management systems to more than 80,000 early childhood, primary and secondary schools, and on more than 1,000 college campuses.
With over 140 years of experience, we have determined that Follett has the deepest industry
knowledge and expertise in delivering the best course material options and value for our students.
We have worked closely with Follett to source and stock the exact edition of the books we will use in upcoming classes, and
the Follett Customer Service team will be available for communication to your families regarding ordering and other customer service related information. Your existing school's online bookstore has been updated with the key customer service contact information; for your reference, this information is as follows:
Books will be available Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year.
How our virtual bookstore benefits you:
- Follett offers numerous new and used books. On many titles, money-saving rental books and digital editions are also available. Follett also offers supplies, technology to meet all of your school needs.
- Follett ships all orders from their warehouse the same or next business day via FedEx. Expedited shipping options are available, but it is best to order early for the best used book selection.
- Follett accepts returns on books purchased or rented through the website 30 days from your order date or 30 days from the start of classes, whichever is later. Follett's dedicated customer service team is available by phone at 888-FVC-3383 seven days a week to provide assistance and answer your questions.
While we will communicate additional textbook ordering instructions and details later in the year, we encourage you to sign up for the bookstore email mailing list to receive direct notification from Follett
about upcoming promotions, buyback events, book availability and other reminders
. Sign up at:
Beneath this paragraph are some hyperlinks. The first presents a one-page info-graphic designed to help you navigate the Follett Virtual Campus ordering system. The process should be fairly self-evident. In the event that you have trouble with the system, a customer service number is included. The second hyperlink gives details and a promotion code related to a 10% discount offer (flash sale). And the final hyperlink provides a complete listing of the textbooks that will be used throughout the 2017-2018 academic year. This may prove useful in the event that you may have a used copy of a particular item thanks to previous connections with the Middle School.
Please feel free to contact the Follett directly at 888-FVC-3383 with any questions or comments you may have.
Also be sure to note the following points:
- A small number of graphing calculators (for mathematics) have been reserved for new 8th Graders. Returning students should already have these items.
- Books are required for 7th and 8th Grade French. Spanish, Latin and Language 83 will rely on in-house materials.
- You do not need to purchase any books/items for Science or Arts.
Middle School Assistant Director