There are all kinds of risks involved in operating a grain facility. However, inspection results don't need to be one of the risks, especially when you receive results from an Official Inspection Agency authorized by USDA's Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA).
Official inspections from authorized inspection agencies provide the most dependable results whether you are buying or selling.
Official Inspection Agencies are:
- The gold standard under the NGFA trading rules.
- The only inspection organizations that can issue a certificate backed by the United States Grain Standard Act (USGSA).
- The only inspection organizations that are monitored on a daily basis by USDA.
- The only inspection organizations with all equipment and personnel aligned to USDA's central grain quality reference point.
- Unbiased in their decisions.
Only Official Inspection Agencies under the United States Grain Standards Act provide these assurances. Others, including those performing inspections under the Warehouse Act, do not provide these assurances.