In this section you will find a review of different parts of the PR-1. This month we will be reviewing driver, passenger and non-motorist information.
When should these information forms be completed?:
Driver Information: For every crash.
Passenger Information: For every passenger in every vehicle (up to 4 per page). Must document the vehicle number that the passenger was traveling in.
Non-motorist Information: When a non-motorist (pedestrian, skater) is involved in a crash. Must refer to their non-motorist number in the narrative.
Information you should document for drivers, passengers and non-motorists should include but is not limited to:
- Actions and circumstances both prior to and during the crash
- Driver information (name, address, date of birth, gender) Driver's license information
- Driver distractions
- Ejection status
- Restraint system usage
- Airbag status
- Injury status and Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Information
- Enforcement actions taken by law enforcement
- Drug and alcohol test information
- If non-motorist, non-motorist type