NKBA Susquehanna ValleyFall 2016 Student Scholarship
Application and Guidelines
Susquehanna Valley Student Scholarship:
The National Kitchen and Bath Association endeavors to support student members as they pursue their career in our industry. Our local chapter, the Susquehanna Valley Chapter, is pleased to present the creation of a student scholarship opportunity for the students in our chapter. The scholarship consists of funds that are collected via sponsorships, identified sponsored meetings where the registration fee is directed to this fund, and possible fund raiser activities that may be created over the year to supplement the fund.
- One (1) Recipient will receive the entire monetary award of $500.
- Winner will be announced during the November, 2016 general meeting.
- In addition to the monetary award, the winner may attend NKBA Susquehanna Valley Chapter General meetings for One (1) year, at no charge.
The applicant must be:
- A student of an NKBA Accredited/Supported Program within the Susquehanna Valley Chapter's region.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- A Student Member of NKBA
Applications for the NKBA Susquehanna Valley Chapter Scholarship are available from:
- The NKBA Accredited/Supported Program/ Program Coordinator
- The Chapter's VP of Academic Relations
- The Student Chapter Officer/Student Liaison to the Chapter
- The Chapter's website (http://susvalnkba.org/students/).
Several factors will be considered by the selection committee:
- Academic achievements, including participation in other design competitions
- Academic and/or Professional Reference
- Evaluation of submitted essays
- Involvement in NKBA Chapter activities
Selection will be made by a three-person task force of Industry Professionals.
- Application due (by mail): Post script no later than Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016.
- Winner notified by: Friday, November 4
- Presentation of award: November, 2016 at the Susquehanna Valley Chapter Monthly Meeting
- Completed Application (provided at the above locations)
- Statement of: "Why you are interested in the Kitchen and Bath industry", including your career aspirations (250 words maximum)
- Statement of: "Your involvement and experience as a student member of the NKBA" (250 words maximum)
- List any Academic Achievements/Awards/Scholarships
- One (1) Letter of recommendation from an Instructor or a Practicing Kitchen and Bath trade Professional. (I
nclude signed recommendation letter
- List your GPA and completed design course work (
Include copy of transcripts
- Submit by snail-mail, postmarked by Oct 15, 2016 to:
Deedee Schaeffer, AKBD
VP Academic Relations, NKBA Susquehanna Valley Chapter
70 E. Barrens Valley Road,
Dillsburg, PA 17019