We are constantly asked about how to start training a church security team. Each state has different laws that regulate the security industry. Some states have developed standards of training and certification while others either have little or no regulation.
Which path is your church on? I would start by asking if your church management would support a few of members, deacons or elders that they trust to be mature, reasonable and reliable men of God's house to be armed (with a Handgun) defenders during the time the most people are at the church.
The response would dictate your path.
Path One - Going Unarmed - No armed respondent on site
- Written plans and training resources - Web based resources
- Security Policies and procedures
- Emergency Action Plans - Template documents
- Church Security conference speaker training videos
- Usher/greeter training presentations
NOCSSM can currently supply the web based resources through membership - $120 per year. Click here for more information.
Security team training - Unarmed training needs -
- Secret Ninja Defensive Tactics Training
- Advanced Bullet Dodging Capabilities
- Jedi Mind Control techniques
- Secret Ninja defensive tactics training - Click here for link to Secret Ninja Training - Unfortunately, due to increased demand, we have run out of "Secret" Ninja tactics and are forced to provide the "Almost Unknown" Ninja tactics instead until new shipments arrive. - Click here for link to "Almost Unknown" Ninja Training
- Advanced Bullet Dodging Capabilities- Click for Advanced Bullet Dodging Capabilities Training - Unfortunately, due to increased demand, we have run out of Advanced bullet dodging and are forced to provide the "Bullet Dodging for Beginners" training instead until new shipments arrive.- Click here for link to "Bullet Dodging for Beginners" Training
- Jedi Mind Control Techniques- Click for Jedi Mind Control Techniques Training (JMCTT) - Fortunately, JMCTT ver.13.0 has been discontinued due to decreased demand. We are now providing the ever popular "Holy Bible Ver. 1.0" - Referencing chapter 1 Corinthians, 12th chapter, verses 8-12. - Click here for link to "Holy Bible Ver. 1.0"
Path Two - Going Armed - Having Someone There That Can Do Something - Guys with Guns
State Security Training, Certification and Licensing -
We are currently researching what it would take, in your state, to train and license armed plainclothes protection officers.
What we hope to find is a way to economically provide the resources to deploy the Gatekeeper program in your state like we have in Texas. Here is a link
to the program description.
Our program consist of all of the state approved Security curriculum including but not limited to:
- State Laws and Arrest Powers
- Defensive Tactics - Empty Hand
- Intermediate Weapons - Baton, Taser
- Firearms Qualifications
We hope to finalize our research soon and offer our Gatekeeper program in your state soon.
Our question to you is - Would your church be interested in participating in such a program?