Sign up now for the
Director Education: A Blueprint for an Informed Board
LIVE VIDEO WEBINAR co-hosted by the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals and Corporate Board Member
Webinar: Director Education: A Blueprint for an Informed Board
Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. EDT
Cost: $195, or free with Board Education Program membership. More Info
This webinar will help participants better understand investors' expectations for board education and provide tips for boards to ensure their directors are informed on key issues. Panelists will include an institutional investor, a corporate secretary & chief governance officer, and two experienced directors, providing varied perspectives and firsthand experiences.
Gain answers to questions like:
- What types of education are best under different scenarios?
- Is your board meeting investors' expectations?
- How should you communicate your directors' continuing education efforts to shareholders?
- What board education alternatives are available, and how do you sort through them?
- Amy Corn, VP, Secretary & Chief Governance Officer, Pitney Bowes Inc.
- Stephen Brown, Director of Corporate Governance, TIAA-Cref
- Phil Lochner, Director, CMS Energy Corp., Crane Co., Gentiva Health Services, Clarcor Inc.
- Doug Maine, Director, Alliant Techsystems, BroadSoft Inc., and Rockwood Holdings Inc.
The upcoming webinar may be eligible for 1 credit hour of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) depending on your state's requirements. Upon request, Corporate Board Member will send you appropriate documentation of your participation, along with program materials to enable you to personally self-report your attendance and/or apply to your state board for credit. Please contact Pat Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request documentation for this webinar.
This webinar is also eligible for 1 credit hour for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. NYSE Board Member LLC, parent company of Corporate Board Member, is registered with the National State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) and the New York Board of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education.