What is it?
- A series of 8 weekly, online social support meetings for children between 7-11
- Kids will connect with other children with asthma from all over Canada, as well as experienced peer mentors living with asthma
- All meetings take place over the internet, using safe and secure online meeting tools
- The sessions will be supervised by Jenna Reynolds, Director of Programs and Services, at the Asthma Society of Canada and led by peer mentors
How will it help?
- Participants will have an inclusive and positive space to voice concerns, address stigmas and ask questions about their condition
- By connecting with other children with asthma, participants will get an opportunity to develop a sense of belonging
- Under the mentorship of their peers, participants will get a chance to grow their self-confidence
- Mentors never provide medical information. Instead, they guide the conversation, in order to help develop the life skills needed for children to manage their chronic condition
When does it start?
- Our Spring Session will run every Monday at 7PM EST from April 24 to June 19, 2017 (skipping May 22)
How do we sign up?