Registration for the 2017 IMGC has been going strong. As of today, more than 950 have registered!
Oregon State University Extension Service and Oregon Master Gardeners™ want you to be part of this huge gathering of amazing minds in the horticultural world. Come learn the latest and best thinking in the science and art of gardening.
If you have yet to register, be sure to do so before February 28th to save $50 during the Early Bird period.
Speaking of tours, we just received great news from our tour operator! They have added two new time slots for previously sold out tours and reopened some previously closed tours. These are:
- A Land Formed by Volcanoes, July 7-9th: re-opened
- Keeping Portland Weird, July 10th: NEW TOUR TIMES 8:30am - 2:00pm
- Streetcar Renaissance, July 10th: re-opened
- Lloyd Eco District Walking tour, July 10th: re-opened
- A Geologic Wonder-Columbia Gorge, July 12th: re-opened
- Three Iconic Gardens, July 13th: NEW TOUR TIMES 8:30am - 1:00pm
If you are interested in these tours, ACT NOW! There will be no more additions to tours.
Eight existing tours still have some space. They are:
- How We Get from Seed to Supper, July 10th
- Pines to Pruners, July 11th
- Quintessential Northwest Nurseries, July 11th
- 100 Years Ago in Portland, July 12th
- Portland's South Waterfront Eco-District, July 12th
- History and Harvest to Table, July 12th
- Portland's Urban Farm Scene, July 13th
- Eastside Garden Design, July 13th
Our tour operator reaffirms the policy of NO WAIT LIST after a tour is filled. In case of last-minute cancellations, spots will be sold during the conference. Check availability with the tour desk on the date of the tour.
Lucy Hardiman provided photos for this issue from images illustrating her talk "Full Frontal Garden" on July 11th.
Key dates for the 2017 IMGC:
for overnight tours through February 28
for day tours through May 19