First Press Weekly e-News
January 11, 2018
Our weekly e-news is a snapshot of what is happening in the near future here at FPC. If you have any questions please call the church office at 770-786-7321, or send us an e-mail
To view our weekly worship bulletins and monthly newsletters, click HERE.
ONLINE DIRECTORY Stay in touch with your FPC family by logging into REALM where you
will find an online directory and up-to-date records of your giving. If you don't already have a login for the site, contact Peni Kehoe at the church office via e-mail
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
If you haven't seen our page on Facebook recently, please be sure to "like" us and add us to one of your "interest lists". Use the button below to find us.
Ordination & Installation of Elders
New elders will be ordained and installed during the morning worship service this Sunday, January 14th. The newly elected elders are: Cindy Moon, Doug Bolton, Bob Tabb, Stan Hall, Koen Ardis, Sophia Hawley, and Michael Thompson (second term).
We will celebrate the Sacrament of the Lord
s Supper on this day as well. Prepare you heart.
The regular annual Congregational Meeting will be on Sunday, January 14th, at the end of the morning worship service, for the purpose of hearing the 2018 budget plans and acting on changes in the call to the minister.
Newton County's 33rd Annual Commemorative Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. will be held this
Sunday, January 14th, 3:00pm
Newton High School
. Through music, song and words of inspiration, this annual event offers motivation to continue to advance Dr. King's dream of equality and justice.
Everyone is invited to join in the community celebration!
Session has appointed a new Director of Music who will start this month, Alexis Renee Ward. She is a composer, conductor, singer, music educator, adjudicator, and accompanist. She has a wide variety of experience in both vocal and instrumental fields including teaching elementary through high school level choral and instrumental music, teaching college level music theory, conducting professional/community choirs and orchestras, directing church ensembles and semi-professional chamber groups, serving as a board member for local ensembles, and accompanying choirs and private voice studios. Check out her website HERE.
Ms. Ward's first official Sunday with us will be January 21st. Please welcome her to the FPC family!
Praise & Prayers
We extend our sympathy and prayers to:
- Joe & Florence Hay Luranc on the death of Joe's mother, Marie Luranc.
- The family of J.L. Johnson who died last week.
- Homer Borders on the death of his mother Martha Borders.
Please keep the following people and their families in your thoughts and prayers this week:
- Betty Miller - hospital
- Bill Shirk - heart attack (Danny Vining's brother-in-law)
- Marilyn Hall - cancer (TOPS group)
- Lewis Bunn - hip surgery (Alan Bunn's father)
- Tom Horton - cancer surgery (nephew of Maxine Blankenship)
- Karla Ensminger - back surgery (sister of Perri Walden)
- Tom Holmes - cancer (friend of Dan Walden)
- Jim Patrick - shoulder surgery (Piedmont Newton)
- Dave Gregory - heart surgery, home recovering
- Clynton Byer - heart surgery (friend of the Ardis family)
- Chuck Brasher - pacemaker (Piedmont)
- Brandon Massey - blood cancer (grandson of Chuck & Sherry Brasher)
- Bryant Family - friends of Jeanie & Warren Liem
- Steve Bozarth - ill (father of Debra Arnold)
- Jeanette Davis - hospice care (mother of Maria Davis)
- Danny Vining - skin cancer surgery
- Ethan Lassiter - brain tumor (8 y.o. grandson of E.G. and Maryanne Lassiter)
- Nat Allen Long - surgery (step-son of Alice Walker)
- Rick Gunter - Glory Personal Care Home (Covington)
- Adriane Ivey - cancer treatment
- Teresa McCurry - tests
- David Cooper - lung cancer (father of Rebecca Bates)
- Anderson Krieger--chemotherapy at home
- Debi (Dee) Selin - home
- Carol Baynes--cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Robin McKeown - cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Chuck Hodges--treatment for lymphoma (friend of Patti Lanford)
- Ron Swatty--heart problems (brother-in-law of Charles Ardis)
- Mitchell Jessup--cancer (father of Nick Jessup)
- Sophia Hawley--Cystic Fibrosis
- Roger Gossage--awaiting transplant
- Jan Coulon--home
Please update your prayer requests this week!