First Press Weekly e-News
July 5, 2018
Our weekly e-news is a snapshot of what is happening in the near future here at FPC. If you have any questions please call the church office at 770-786-7321, or send us an e-mail
To view our weekly worship bulletins and monthly newsletters, click HERE.
ONLINE DIRECTORY Stay in touch with your FPC family by logging into REALM where you
will find an online directory and up-to-date records of your giving. If you don't already have a login for the site, contact Peni Kehoe at the church office via e-mail
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
If you haven't seen our page on Facebook recently, please be sure to "like" us and add us to one of your "interest lists". Use the button below to find us.
Youth Day @ Stone Mountain Park
Join us for a day at the park! We'll hike the mountain, ride the cable cars, have a picnic, climb the ropes course, play putt-putt golf and visit Geyser Towers!! Cost is $20 if you are able.
We'll leave from the church at 9:00am and return by 5:00pm. Friends are welcome to join us, but we need to know ahead of time so that we have enough vehicles. Help us plan transportation by making your reservation today! Contact Dan Walden via e-mail
, or by text at 404-405-3559.
July 13th - 20th | 11:00am & 8:00pm worship daily
The 190th annual Salem Campmeeting begins next week and everyone is invited. Services run from July 13th thru 20th.
Each morning at 9:30am
Bible studies will be held for all ages.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the dining hall each day (menu).
In keeping with the 40+ year tradition, our own Alice Walker and her twin sister Becky Ramsey will be playing twin pianos for each worship service. Special music will be provided each day by guest choirs.
- Our Ambassador Choir will be singing at the 11:00am worship service on Monday, July 16th.
- FPC Sanctuary and Ambassador Choir members will be singing with the Epiphany Lutheran choir members in a combined choir at the 8:00pm worship service on Friday, July 20th. Complimentary dinner at 6:00pm with reservations by Wednesday, July 18th through Alice Walker. Choir rehearsal begins at 7:00pm under the tabernacle.
Salem Campground is located at 3940 Salem Road, Covington, GA 30016. Directions
Help us celebrate
Billy & Theodosia Wade with a luncheon following their final worship service with us.
Make your reservation today
by calling the church office at 770-786-7321 or by sending an e-mail
including the number of adults and/or children in your party.
We need volunteers to prepare various dishes
. If you would like to help, please call Jean Wolverton at 678-342-3463, or send her an e-mail
Praise & Prayers
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of church member Russ Cole, and the family of Betty Massey
(mother of Gary Massey) who both died recently.
Please keep the following people and their families in your thoughts and prayers this week:
- Larry Kennon - surgery 7/5
- Bob Lange - home
- Mark Fogarty - cancer
- Charles Woods - surgery (friend of Bill Cobham)
- Beverly Star Edmonds - cancer (mother of Steve Kapp)
- Jerry Smart - stage 4 lung cancer (brother of Faye Kitchens)
- Saundra Evans - hip surgery (sister of Bill Cobham)
- Patti Lanford - surgery
- Dot Schaeffer - moved to California with her son
- Harry Hicks - heart surgery (father of Doug Hicks)
- Spencer Boyd - cancer
- 3037 Pine Needle Rd. August, GA 30909-3047
- Lewis Bunn - stage 4 lung cancer (father of Alan Bunn)
- Angela Gregory - cancer (sister of Dave Gregory)
- Roger Wallace - home
- Kathryn Wallace - broken leg
- Sharon Wallace - back surgery (sister of Debbie Gossage)
- Sophia Hawley--Cystic Fibrosis (home)
- Roger Gossage - home
- Tom Holmes - cancer (friend of Dan Walden)
- Clynton Byer - heart surgery (friend of the Ardis family)
- Brandon Massey - blood cancer (grandson of Chuck & Sherry Brasher)
- Jeanette Davis - hospice care (mother of Maria Davis)
- Ethan Lassiter - brain tumor (8 y.o. grandson of E.G. and Maryanne Lassiter)
- Adriane Ivey - home
- David Cooper - lung cancer (father of Rebecca Bates)
- Anderson Krieger--chemotherapy at home
- Carol Baynes--cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Robin McKeown - cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Chuck Hodges--treatment for lymphoma (friend of Patti Lanford)
- Ron Swatty--heart problems (brother-in-law of Charles Ardis)
- Mitchell Jessup--cancer (father of Nick Jessup)
Please update your prayer requests this week!