January 28, 2013
Dear Girl Scout Family,
It's an exciting time of year for Girl Scouts. We hope you're catching some of the excitement and sharing it with your family and friends.
- Our Annual Meeting happened on Friday/Saturday where teens and adults from throughout our service area networked and planned for our council's future.
- The Girl Scout Cookie Program launches in less than a week with the new Mango Creme cookie and the new tools/marketing kit for girls.
- Our new Girl Scouts in Action series, It's Your Business, Run It! has been expanded to 7 cities and 19 sites (plus we have It's your Planet, Love It starts next week in Staples, MN!
- Our Camp season marketing kicked off with a fun (& very successful) Facebook Contest where girls created the inspiration design for the Day Camp T-shirts and Patches. Congratulations to Savannah for her winning design. Check out the designs and learn more about our plans for Day Camp this year...
- We are now accepting applications of the new Girl Scouts of the USA adult recognitions awards ... great new ways to recognize our generous volunteers.
We hope you are catching the excitement and being a part of our vibrant organization!
Check out our blogs for updates from your regional staff team. Click on your region # below for updates specific to your area. We've highlighted updates of interest to multiple areas.
Region 1 Bemidji/Hibbing offices
Winter Fun Day | Feb 9
Animal Lovers Overnight
New date! | March 19-20
Region 2 Duluth Regional Center
Region 3 Brainerd & Mora offices
Region 4 Alexandria & Willmar offices
Region 5 Waite Park Regional Center
Region 5 Spring Training | April 27
Every girl who participates gets a patch ... one lucky girl will get $100 off her Summer Camp adventure!
What did you do today?
Whether your girl is involved in a troop or participates in events, camp, or series, Lakes and Pines offers an array of activities to help her discover, connect, & take action in Girl Scouting. View all council sponsored programs....
Below are exciting updates for our coming events!
Join us for the It's Your Business, Run It Series
Enjoy a night of SPA-tacular fun. Then dance the night away to a local DJ!
$30/girl, $5/adults - girls can use up to $10 in Cookie Dough. Cost includes evening snack, breakfast, custom patch, and all program supplies. There will even be the option to purchase mall sleepover t-shirts! More Information...
Saturday, February 9th is National Girls and Women in Sport Day at St. Cloud State University. Girls in 8th grade and under get in FREE to the women's hockey game vs. the University of Wisconsin Badgers. More Information...
Volunteers make the difference
Timely updates for GS volunteers.
Check out the latest edition of the Service Unit News (SUN) with important updates for all GSMWLP Volunteers. Read SUN News
New Leader Training
Learning sessions help you in your role as a Girl Scout volunteer. Session dates & registration
Special Note to Troop Cookie Volunteers
Girl Scouts of the USA has announced that February 8 is National Girl Scout Cookie Day. Please share this information with girls and encourage them to set up Booth Sales and other special promotions such as "milk & cookie tastings" in the community to coincide with this national media campaign.
Great resources for Cookie Professionals to use with their business. Visit the Tools for Selling section of www.girlscoutcookies.org.
For more details about the 2013 Cookie Program check out the Answer Book distributed at Training or visit the Cookies for Volunteers page of our website.
Join us at
Dreams to Reality!
St. Cloud Area:
Thursday, March 14, 2013 at Blackberry Ridge in Sartell
Twin Ports Area:
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
at the Kitchi Gammi Club in Duluth
The event runs from 5:30 p.m. -
8:30 p.m. and is an opportunity to celebrate and support leadership development for girls. Please join us for reception Hors d'oeuvres, wine tasting, silent auction, and live entertainment!
For more information on the event or to purchase tickets, visit our website at http://www.gslakesandpines.org/pages/DreamsToReality.
In the Shop
Cookie Time is Coming!
Have you heard the buzz about National Girl Scout Cookie Day on Feb. 8th? Stay tuned for details about this special marketing campaign.
We've got cookie fun patches at Lakes & Pines Girl Scout Shops!
- National Girl Scout Cookie Day, 4" diameter, $3.00.
- "What Can a Girl Do?" chevron patches, 4 designs: Booth, My First Cookie Sale, Rally, Share. 75 cents each
- My Mom's s Cookie Mom, $1.50
- My Dad's a Cookie Dad, $1.50
December/January E-Shopper for Girl Scout volunteers.
Our phone system can now transfer you to any office.
Waite Park 320 252-2952
Duluth 218 726-4710
Alexandria 320 759-1196
Bemidji 218 751-4886
Brainerd 218 828-3515
Hibbing 218 263-1596
Mora 320 679-6807
Willmar 320 235-2125
Please help us keep our phone costs down by using the toll free number only when needed, 800 955-6032.
Waite Park 320 253-9403
Duluth 218 726-4715
All other offices 866 295-3820
Shop and Office Hours
M-F | 8:30-5:30
Lakes and Pines
Girl Scouts of the USA