The Michigan Arts Education Instruction and Assessment Project (MAEIA) supports Michigan school districts, buildings, educators, and the public in implementing a high quality arts education program in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts for all K-12 students.
For Michigan’s young people to be fully prepared when they leave high school for college, career, and life, they will need a complete and competitive education. Research and opinion polls of administrators, employers, parents, and students support the significant impact of an arts-rich education on the whole child.
MAEIA is the first statewide project to create a comprehensive one-stop-shop of tools and resources that can help K-12 districts answer key questions educators are asking:
- What does an exemplary arts program look like?
- Where do I find research that supports the need for quality arts programs?
- What tool would help my district evaluate its arts program?
- What does authentic assessment in the arts look like?
- What tools can I use to have meaningful conversations about arts education in my district?