| Rec Room Addition
No matter what program a child is in during the day, (Day Care, Nursery School, Pre-K or School Age), the "Rec Room" is one of the favorite rooms in the building. As soon as the children get in the Rec Room they love to run with abandon and/or ride the trikes at full speed! We have wanted pads on the cinder block walls in that room for years and this month we were able to have those installed. We are thrilled to now have cushioning to help protect the children's heads and limbs when they can't put the brakes on their little feet fast enough before making contact with a hard wall. Stop by and check out the room sometime!
Linked with Love
||Lydia, Becky, Becca, Leandra
There is just a little over one month before the P4K team heading to Rwanda to visit our partner school in Nzige and provide teacher training boards a plan and travels 7000 miles away! Many of you have asked how you can help the team. They would like to take some learning manipulatives with them that are difficult to find in Rwanda, such as Unifix Cubes, to use for math lessons, etc. The easiest way for you to help with those kinds of supplies is to donate an Amazon gift card so that the teachers can order exactly what they want.
Other supplies that are always be useful are pencils, crayons, colored pencils and pencil sharpeners.
If you are interested in donating an Amazon gift card or any of the school supplies listed above, contact one of the teachers traveling to Rwanda or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
To read more about our partnership in Nzige, Rwanda go to the following link:
Follow the team's travels by "liking" the following Facebook page link:
| Family Kick Ball Night
Will you be looking for something to get your kids up and moving the week between Christmas and New Year's? Why not come out for Pearce's annual Family Kickball Night on Wednesday, December 27, from 7-8:30pm in the Family Life Center! Parents and kids of all ages are invited to join this family-friendly kickball game.
Parents will need to stay with their children for the game. If you would like more information, contact Dave Mantegna at 585-752-8221.
Nursery School & Pre-Kindergarten 2018/2019 School Year Registration
Open House and registration for our 2018/2019 Nursery School & Pre-Kindergarten classes will take place in January. Children who are currently in a P4K program, and their siblings, who will be 3 years old by December 1st, are eligible to participate in early registration between January 2nd - 12th. Registration forms and a $40 registration fee must be submitted to the P4K office by 5:00pm on Friday, January 12 in order to register early.
We will host an Open House on Thursday, January 11 for those interested in seeing the Nursery School and/or Pre-Kindergarten rooms and meeting the teachers. Open registration will take place on Thursday, January 18th throughout the day on a first come, first serve basis.
2018 Holiday Schedule
The following are the observed holiday dates when Pearce Church and P4K will be closed in 2018:
- Monday, January 1, 2018 (New Year's Day Observed)
- Friday, March 30, 2018 (Good Friday)
- Monday, May 28, 2018 (Memorial Day)
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 3, 2018 (Labor Day)
- Thursday, November 22, 2018 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 23, 2018 (Thanksgiving)
- Monday, December 24, 2018 (Christmas Eve)
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018 (Christmas Observed)
- Monday, December 31, 2018 (New Year's Eve)
A printable copy of these holiday dates is in the Quick Links box above.
Wednesday Savory Suppers Return
Join us for a community dinner served each Wednesday at Pearce from 4:30-6:15pm in the Family Life Center. Registration is requested. Call the church office, sign up at the reception desk or sign-up on the
Pearce Church Website
by 6pm the Monday prior to receive a discount.
Pick up your child(ren) and eat before you go home!
* Adults: $7 ($7.50 at the door)
* Children under 12: $4
* Children under 5: free (or donation)
* Beverage Table: Coffee, Decaf, Cold Beverage, Ice Water, Milk
* Salad Bar: to include but not limited to, hot home-made soup, fresh salad greens, assorted side vegetables, cut fruit, choice of salad dressings
* Hot Buffet Tables: See weekly selection below
* Dessert Table: A nice variety with something new each week
Weekly Entree Options (menus are subject to change due to availabilty of product):
* 01/10/18: Roast Turkey & Dressing, Penne Pasta & Sauce
* 01/17/18: Baked Chicken BBQ, Grilled Hots/Sausages
* 01/24/18: Roast Pork w/ Apple Glaze, Mac & Cheese
* 01/31/18: Baked Stuffed Chicken, Taco Bar
* 02/07/18: Roast Beef, Pulled Pork
* 02/14/18: Baked Tavern Ham w/ Pineapple, Baked Chicken Casserole
* 02/21/18: Roast Turkey & Dressing, Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
Stay in the Loop!
Are you signed up for our text messaging system? If you haven't already done so, be sure to opt in to the service. Text messaging will be one of our primary means of communicating closings and emergency information with you. We suggest that you "opt in" to each program in which you have children involved.
You will find instructions to opt in to our text messaging system in the "Quick Links" block above or by following this link: Text Message Opt In Instructions.
Besides our text messaging system, information about closings, start delays and emergencies will be posted on local television stations (13 WHAM, WROC 8, WHEC 10), WHAM 1180 and the P4K Facebook page. We will also send emails to our email contact groups so please keep the P4K office aware of any address changes.
All notifications about full day closings or start delays will be posted/texted/emailed no later than 5:45am.
| Check Out the Web!
Be sure to take advantage of the calendar on our
. To find it, go to our website, click
on the Calendar tab on the top toolbar and you will be into the P4K calendar.
On the calendar you will find things like:
- Day Care lunch menus (click on the tab for the full menu)
- Holiday Dates
- School Age full and half day schedules
- Nursery School & Pre-K days off, field trips and other events
Each program is color coded so you can easily search for information that is pertinent to your family. When in the calendar, if you want more information about a particular event posted, click on the event box and we will have more detailed information listed in description.
Be sure to go check
P4K Facebook Page
! We use our FB page to post events happening in P4K and Pearce Church, communicate emergency information/closings and to share fun pictures or stories about something happening at P4K. "Like" us today!