Dear Valued Customers of Queen Anne Books,
Last week owner Katharine Hershey sent a notice announcing her intention to leave Queen Anne Books at the end of November. We want to provide you with some helpful information to assist you in the coming weeks.
Officially, the store will be closing Wednesday, October 31. However, our owner is actively seeking a buyer for the store. We remain hopeful that Queen Anne Books will be purchased and continue serving our wonderful community.
In the meantime, we want you to know:
- Queen Anne Books will operate as usual through Oct. 31.
- As has been our long-standing tradition, we will participate in Queen Anne's neighborhood Trick or Treat festival from 3-6 on October 31.. Be sure to bring the kids to our store.
- We are no longer issuing gift certificates. If you have gift certificates, we encourage you to bring them in before our closing on Oct. 31.
- We will continue to add purchases to your Book Saver plan, and issue rewards.
- We will no longer be placing special orders as we cannot guarantee arrival before our anticipated closure. If you have special orders in the pipeline, we will do our best to get those to you. Not yet released books dated after Oct. 31 may not arrive in time, and we apologize for that.
- Though our website will remain functional, we are no longer offering online web ordering. Please call or come in the store for all your book needs. The website will be a good source of information regarding the future of the store, so please check in there.
Thank you for your many years of loyal commitment to Queen Anne Books. We have the best customers in the world, and we hope to have positive news for you in the coming weeks regarding the store's future. If you know of interested parties, please have them contact us at our email email@example.com.
Staff of Queen Anne Books