What Is Trending In Healthcare?
As we move well into 2015, there are some items
which business owners need to be aware of. Healthcare reform will continue to impact most businesses, as well as other risk management issues that business owners and executives need to consider.
- If you have over 100 employees, the employer mandate was moved to this year. If you have fewer than 50 employees, the mandate is 2016. If your benefit program does not meet the federal standards, employers will be subject to a fine of $2,000 per employee.
- There are very strict laws on how employers are required to manage and protect employees and clients' personal information. Every employer needs to have adequate protection of confidential information or be subject to fines. With the increase in cybercrime, this will be an important issue for the rest of 2015.
- ThePatient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) has had dozens of changes and modifications causing many business professionals to be very confused.
- Life insurance rates are very competitive and every employer should evaluate the needs of their company. Offering group or individual life products can be a good employee benefit.
- Attracting and retaining the next generation of workers and leaders needs to be a top priority for business owners. Millennials and other younger workers have unique work priorities. It will be important to business owners to understand these issues. Things that matter to millennials include having a sense of purpose, improving society, and having work/life balance.
- Remote workers and flex time will be issues business executives will be managing over the next year. Most businesses have embraced these trends and are able to attract and retain employees as a result. Not every business is able to offer these benefits to workers. For example, a retail worker cannot work from home, but flex scheduling might be an option.
Each company has its own circumstances which dictate what would be needed to safeguard the years of hard work in building a successful enterprise. We will guide you through different scenarios to see what effects it would have on your business and what solutions are available. It may be as simple as a Key-Man Policy or funding a Buy-Sell Agreement with Life and Disability Insurance.