Because The Edge Salon Tampa is a certified 'Go Green' salon, each month we're offering helpful tips to help you Go Green!
Here are some green tips for general spring cleaning:
1. Open all your windows. Help get some circulation going; go ahead, fresh air never hurt anyone.
2. Skip buying those expensive, only-last-two-days air fresheners. They contain chemicals that can irritate your skin and eyes. Instead, pick up some fresh flowers or with your windows open, you might spot some growing free outside! Mix the dried flowers with baking soda and cedar blocks to add a natural fragrance to the room.
3. DE-CLUTTER, de-clutter! Clean out your closet and donate your gently used clothes.
4. Stop using paper towels! And while we're at it, get rid of one time use cleaning mops and dusting cloths. Instead use re-useable rags. After cleaning out your closet you might find an old boyfriend's shirt (those work the best!), rip it in half and now you have two!
5. Use vegetable cleaning products instead of harsh chemicals. Did you know that traditional dish detergent is made from petroleum, aka crude oil. If every family in America replaced just one bottle of petroleum-based dish detergent with a vegetable-based product, we could save 82,000 barrels of oil.
Take advantage of an exclusive offer from Redken and save 25% when you purchase one of the specially-marked Redken Shampoo and Conditioner Duos!
Stop by today and stock up on your favorite selections!
|The Edge Salon Tampa|
14447 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
Tampa, FL 33618
Welcome to the March newsletter for The Edge Salon Tampa!
Hello SPRING! It's that time of year again, spring cleaning. When you are knee deep in cleaning this month don't forget about the things that are closest to you, your beauty products! We've come up with a few green tips to help keep you in tip-top clean shape for 2011.
This month, we're also excited to announce we are now carrying the Redken & Bosley systems for thinning hair!
Also, our Loyalty Program is in full swing. If you haven't already, make sure to 'Like' us on Facebook to earn extra points as well as become privy to special savings and exclusive offers!
April is also Autism awareness month, to help raise awareness, from now until April 16th, for every $5 you donate to our Autism Speaks fundraiser, you'll earn 100 loyalty bonus points!
As a cause that is very near and dear to our hearts (our daughter Dana was diagnosed with autism at age 3), we are participating in Walk Now for Autism Speaks on Saturday, April 16th at Al Lopez Park. If you would like to join us in raising awareness, we encourage you to check out our HARC Heroes team page, or by clicking here!
Have a great month!
MaryLynn and Chris Pearson
|REDKEN & BOSLEY SYSTEMS|
Give Your Thinning Hair a Boost and Earn Points!
It's no doubt that your hair is a defining statement in your personal style. Many women are facing hair loss at earlier ages than before.
Did you know, experts say our hair usually grows at the rate of about one-half inch per month and each individual hair has a growth phase of about two to six years? When the hair is not growing it 'rests' for a while, then falls out and the follicle from which it came from starts growing a new strand.
The cycle usually continues well into our most senior years.
Reasons for hair loss or thinning can be linked to many different sources, such as genetics, illness, poor diet, stress and or medications (along with others not mentioned).
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, it's a growing problem, affecting some 30 million women in the United States, with some forms of loss occurring at earlier ages, and being seen in increasing numbers.
The Edge Salon Tampa is now offering hair systems from Redken & Bosley to help thinning hair. With our new Loyalty Program, you can earn TRIPLE POINTS with the purchase of any product within this system!
If you have any questions about the products, give us a call! We're more than happy to answer any questions you may have and can help restore your beauty and confidence.
|GREEN BEAUTY CLEANING |
What are you Forgetting?
We all know the traditional spring cleaning routine; donate old clothes, de-clutter our 'junk drawers,' wipe down the windows, kitchen floors, tubs, toilets and everything in between. But many of us forget the items that are literally closest to us, our BEAUTY products!
People don't always realize the importance of keeping their beauty products clean and tidy. They are major germ-fairs. Don't worry if this sounds like you, follow these simple tips.. happy spring cleaning.
Spring Cleaning also means keeping your hair clean! Don't forget about cleaning your hairbrush the GREEN way. If you don't clean your brush you are basically putting the oils, dirt and bacteria back into your hair. Don't use harsh chemicals that are horrible for you and have almost intolerable odors, use the baking soda method. This will help keep your hair shiny and clean.
1. Remove all the hair from your brushes. You can do this by holding them under running water and using a comb to comb the hair out.
2. Find a tall, narrow container (such as a tall drinking glass or a vase) that will hold all the combs and brushes you want to clean.
3. Fill the container 3/4 full with hot tap water.
4. Add 1 tsp. of baking soda to the water and stir to dissolve the baking soda. (To dissolve oils and deep clean your hair brush, add a few tablespoons of lemon juice to your water.)
5. Put your combs and brushes into the water and let them sit for at least an hour.
6. Take them out and lay them on a towel to air-dry.
Throw out old makeup and clean those brushes. We all have that favorite color that, of course, has been discontinued, it's clumpy so it works better mascara and blush brush that has the best color combo stored in its bristles. STOP..... The best way to clean makeup, unfortunately, is to throw it away. Every three months toss mascara and eye liner, every six months ditch your liquid foundation and every 1-2 years replace your powder based makeup (bronzer, blush, shadows, etc.), if it even last that long.
Don't forget your makeup brushes. Germs love makeup brushes. There are so many kinds: eye liner brush, blush brush, bronzer brush and various shadow brushes. Through we might use them separately, they are usually stored together.
Your brushes pass germs from your products to your face and back. The best way to clean makeup brushes is by using a pinch of organic baby shampoo. Most organic baby shampoos are made with the highest quality botanicals, essential oils and luxurious moisturizers to pamper babies' hair and skin without drying it out. Why not treat our makeup brushes with the same care! Ideally, your makeup brushes should be cleaned once a week to keep them germ free and super soft!
| THE EDGE SALON TAMPA|
Combining a salon specializing in the latest generation of great styles with a concerted effort and passion on preserving and protecting our environment, The Edge Salon Tampa was created.
Certified Fab Pro Green, stylists at The Edge Salon Tampa focus on Green Initiatives, as well as creating youthful, fresh and trendy looks for guests while offering quality service and the best prices imaginable.
The Edge Salon Tampa is located in Grand Plaza at 14447 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33618 (Next to The Tilted Kilt.) We can be reached at 813-963-7575, online at www.TheEdgeSalonTampa.com or via email here.