Monday, September 26
Gym Day for:
PK3, PK4, 1, 2, 4, 7, 8
Tuesday, September 27
Gym Day for:
PK3, PK4, K, 3, 5,6,7,8
- Generation Z Soccer After School
Wednesday, September 28
Thursday, September 29
Gym Day for:
- Violin Lessons After School
Friday, September 30
- Last day to pay discounted HSA Fee
- Pink Pledge Bracelet Sale
Full calendar of events available online.
Visit our website @
This week I had the pleasure and honor of welcoming our new superintendent, Dr. Steven Cheeseman to Assumption Catholic School. Dr. Cheeseman was named to his current position in July after serving as Associate Superintendent for the Diocese of Rockville Center in New York.
On Friday, I had the chance to have a candid and relaxed discussion about
||Dr. Cheeseman works with a second grader during computer class on Friday.
the future of Catholic schools in the Diocese and hear Dr. Cheeseman's vision for our continued strength and growth. I am confident that with his leadership Catholic education in Fairfield County will not only survive, but thrive.
Dr. Cheeseman then joined me for a tour of the building as we discussed the many strengths and some challenges within our school community. We even found time to visit the classrooms, meet students and staff, and give him a brief glimpse of life here on Stratfield Road.
At the end of our visit, Dr. Cheeseman informed me that he plans to set aside time in his busy schedule to visit schools on a weekly basis. I encouraged him to stop by Assumption anytime he needs to see the fruits of his labor and experience the joy that Catholic education brings to our students.
Steven J. Santoli
Sixth Grade Takes the Pink Pledge
Support Norma Pfriem in the Fight to Cure Breast Cancer
The sixth grade has elected to take the Pink Pledge and raise awareness and funds in the fight against Breast Cancer. There are several ways that the Assumption Community can help the Norma Pfriem Center. Please pledge your support however you can.
Stroll for Strength 9/29
Join the 6th grade class for a walk from the Town Green in Fairfield to the Norma Pfriem Breast Center (less than a mile) which kickoffs a month of Pink Pledge activities to raise awareness and funds. Meet Mrs. Guastelle at 5:00PM on the Town Green in front of Town Hall in Fairfield. Wear your pink shirts or school uniform.
Pink Assumption Shirts
Last week students were given the opportunity to order pink Assumption tee shirts to show their suppor
t and raise money for this worthy cause. Those shirts will be delivered on Wednesday and may be worn to the Stroll for Strength.
Additionally, Mr. Santoli has approved these shirts as official gym uniform shirts for the 2016-17 school year. For only $10 you can support the fight against breast cancer and get a cool new gym shirt.
A second order for shirts will be made this week. Forms will be sent home on Monday.
Pink rubber awareness bracelets will be on sale for $1 at school starting on Friday. All proceeds will go directly to the Norma Pfriem Breast Center. Mr. Santoli has graciously approved the wearing of these bracelets in school.
Parking Lot Procedures at Pick Up
Follow these Simple Rules to Keep Everyone Safe
Starting at 2:45 PM PreK parents can pick-up their children inside the building by the classrooms:
- Park your car in the spaces to the far left (Behind the Rectory and Garage)as you enter the lot
- Enter the building through the far left doors, not the main entrance
- Walk your child back to the car and exit the lot slowly prior to 3:00 PM
- If you are picking up older students as well please follow the procedure outlined below after you get your PreK student.
K-8 Pick -Up
K-8 students will be dismissed at 3:00 PM. Our entire dismissal process takes less than 15 minutes, please be patient.
- Enter the parking lot and drive toward the school, drive around the cones and pull up facing the church. Line up and pull right up to the car in front of you to make room for others.
- If you enter the lot after 3:00 PM cones will be set up by the basketball hoop. You should form a line facing the school and wait for all children to be dismissed.
- At 3:00 PM drivers are asked to meet their children on the grass or curb in front of the school (Kindergarten will go inside the hallway). DO NOT WAIT IN THE PARKING LOT!
- Walk your children safely across the lot and to your cars. Wait for your line to be dismissed in order.
Safety is our top priority. The process works if we all agree to do our part to make it work.
Assumption Pride Sign Contest Announcement
Submit your Photos by September 30 to Enter
Student pride signs are still available at the school office. These signs are printed in English and Spanish and are free of charge to all current families.
We ask that willing families post the signs in front of their houses and keep them up year round to show your pride and support of the quality Catholic education your children receive here.
As a thank you for getting the word out we will hold a photo contest. Here are the rules:
- Post the sign at your home and take a picture of your children and the sign.
- Send that picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All photos received by September 30 will be entered into a drawing.
- Prizes will be awarded on October 3.
- Students will receive 3 Dress Down Dollars each
- Parents will receive $100 gift card to either Stop & Shop or Shop Rite
After School Activities
Reminders of Upcoming Activities and Dates
Weekly After School Programs
Mondays - Clubhouse Baseball
Grades 1-4 Starting October 3 (Still time to sign-up)
Tuesdays- Generation Z Soccer Academy
PK4 - Grade 8 - Starting September 27
Wednesdays - YMCA Swimming (Bus Provided)
Must be a member and sign up through the YMCA
Thursdays - Violin
K-8 - Starting September 29
308 - Starting October 6
Activities are being added each week including chess, karate, art and more. If you have suggestions for activities or questions, please contact the HSA at HSA@oloaffld.org.
Virtus Registration and Training
All Adult volunteers must be Virtus Trained
To register with Virtus and be eligible to volunteer, coach, or chaperone in school or at a school sponsored event you must register with Virtus, complete a training and agree to a background check.
to visit the Virtus website. Remember to select Assumption School as your primary location. Please contact the office with questions or concerns.
Assumption Catholic School provides an education of academic excellence, rooted in the Catholic Faith, which fosters the spiritual, physical, moral, and intellectual development of all students, so they may realize their full potential as responsible, caring, and contributing citizens of the world.