2017 National Co-op Month theme is "Co-ops Commit"
Throughout the month of October we will be visiting how the Syracuse Real Food Co-op commits to our members and our community. We'll be going over the co-op principles that separate us from just being a regular grocery store. Here is the list of
seven cooperative principles that co-ops operate under:
1. Open and Voluntary Membership
2. Democratic Member Control
3. Member Economic Participation
4. Autonomy and Independence
5. Education, Training & Information
6. Cooperation Among Cooperatives
7. Concern for Community
We look forward over the next month of reviewing what we stand for and how our principles impact you as either a member or shopper at the Syracuse Real Food Co-op and how we, the Co-op Staff, can inculcate these values to you.