It was encouraging to see so many of you on Parent Night! Thank you for attending. Every little way we can make our partnership stronger will benefit your child!
Multiple choice question:
Our first month of school has been _____
Amazingly productive & cohesive
Affirming and encouraging
Sunny with a few days that were actually hot and humid
One of smooth transitions -new classrooms, staff & students, new programs
An answered prayer by our faithful Father who is full of loving-kindness.
Answer: all of the above!
encouraging? Let me count the ways-
- Beginning last spring, God has encouraged us in prayer over and over again. Even though our numbers remain lower than we’d like, everyone has maintained an attitude of faithful expectation and peace that God will meet our needs.
- The Spiritual Emphasis Team not only ministered to the kids but to the staff as well. Pam Brady and Matt Huffman have visited us about 16 times and they continue to affirm us in many ways. They both have said repeatedly that HCA is one of their very favorite schools and this year Matt told the kids that if he ever has kids he would want them to attend HCA. He says he looks forward to coming here all year and is sad when it’s over, (even though Matt visits a lot, and keeps in touch and visits our “boys”- all over the country!). They love our approach to school, the atmosphere, and our staff. We love them too and are blessed by their faithful ministry to us every year! Thank you all for blessing them again by your generous contributions!!
- Our new families and staff have brought a renewed excitement, joy, appreciation, and expertise to HCA.
- We continue to be in dialogue with a new group of like-minded educators called “Redemptive Education” and they are so excited about HCA that we are trying to arrange a visit before Christmas. They are in VA.
- The parents of the 3rd and 5th grade surprised the staff with a new Keurig! The Bartlett family has also blessed us with one. The staff is grateful daily and we will also be able to give greater hospitality at events. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity!!!!!!
- A full-blown advertising campaign is being designed and implemented by a School Committee sub-committee.
We realize that we have to do a better job of sharing the treasure of HCA with others. Just yesterday one of our new moms said she was sure more people would love to attend HCA if they only knew about it. Help us make it known! How? Read on….
Asian Adventure Afternoon On Thursday, Oct. 26
th from 1:00-2:30 we are going to share our learning and approach with (hopefully) lots of guests from the Wachusett Public Schools (who have a half day), homeschoolers and anyone else who is interested. We like to have a special event near the end of the term to celebrate and share our learning so we thought we’d share it.
Each class is preparing two, forty-five minute activities that share something they’ve learned about their Asian country this term. One activity will be inside and one will be out.
This is how you can help:
- Invite kids and their parents (Use social media, flyers (coming), and word of mouth)
- Parent volunteers to help, at least one per grade- please let the teacher know you are available
- Supplies as needed
- Pray- this is a first time event and we need prayer for success!
Blessings and thankfulness,
Susan Hayward, Principal