WE DON'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU THIS CLOSE TO HALLOWEEN.......
But, DEADLINE IS QUICKLY APPROACHING TO SUBMIT YOUR TQHYA OFFICER CANDIDATE FORMS.
The five available positions on the Executive Committee are:
1) President: The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of TQHYA and will have general supervision of the affairs of TQHYA, working with the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and the Halter & Performance Committee. The President will preside over all meetings, appoint all committees and submit status reports to the members of TQHYA. Eligibility requires on year of service as a TQHYA officer, voting delegate or board member.
2) Vice President: The Vice President shall perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President in his/her absence. Other duties as designated.
3) Secretary: The Secretary is responsible for recording minutes at all TQHYA meetings, writing TQHYA correspondence and providing information to TQHYA members.
4) Treasurer: The Treasurer shall work with TQHA staff to coordinate all receipts and sibursements of monies derived from dues of members, fundraising activities and donations, as well as provide reports to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors as requested.
5) Reporter: The Reporter is responsible for reporting all TQHYA activities to the media, most notably the Quarter Horse Journal. The Reporter will also serve as the TQHYA historian and will be responsible for maintaining the tQHYA scrapbook, presenting it at the AQHYA World Show.
In order to run for executive office or to sit on the Board of Directors, you will need to complete the 2012 TQHYA Officer Election Consent Form and return it to the TQHYA office by November 5. Please be sure to include your brief (200 words or less) bio and a photo. You will also need to read the TQHYA Constitution and Bylaws found on the TQHA website under the Youth tab. Ballots will be mailed after the nomination deadline.
2012 TQHYA Officer & Director Consent Form