A Call for Nominations to the Executive Board
Pursuant to the by-laws of the Panola Partnership, Inc., we are asking for members to submit recommendations for individuals to serve on the Panola Partnership's Executive Board of Directors.
There will be three (3) vacancies on the Executive Board to serve from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2021. Current board members
Dale Hart (INCA Presswood Pallets) and
Justin Hill (First Security Bank) are completing their second terms on the board and are therefore
not eligible to return for the 2018-2021 board term. Current board member
Dr. Tom Hodge (Dr. Hodge General Dentistry) is eligible and willing to fill one (1) of these vacancies by serving a second three-year term.
If you would like to submit nominees to be considered, please fill out the enclosed form with your recommendations. Member recommendations will be presented to the Nominating Committee. Nominees must be a member of the Panola Partnership in good standing to qualify.
The attached form is to be used to submit nominees. Be sure to provide your business name and/or individual name as it is listed on your Panola Partnership member record.
Please return the form to the Partnership office by January 29, 2018.
Forms may be returned to us via email to
, by fax to 662-563-0704, by mail/hand-delivery to 150A Public Square, Batesville, MS 38606.
NEW! Available Buildings & Sites Database
Explore the Possibilities
Panola Partnership recently revamped the Available Buildings & Sites Database. We now have a feature-rich, interactive buildings and sites map that is easy to search, loads fast and is mobile- friendly. We worked with the team at aha! Creative to design the new look. With Insyteful™, our site assets are presented with important data, vivid imagery and access to one-click custom reports - all simple and intuitive to use. Check them out by visiting our website at:
YPP Lunch Breaks for January
11th: @ 12 noon @ Square Cafe *Dutch Treat
18th: 3rd Thursday Meeting @ 12 noon @ Panola Medical Center (hospital) *Dutch Treat
25th: @ 12 noon @ El Mariachi *Dutch Treat
**PLEASE BRING YOUR IDEAS TO THE TABLE AT THE 3RD THURSDAY MEETING FOR THE COMING YEAR FOR YPP!
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR PARTNERSHIP RETAIL & RESTAURANT MEMBERS
Please respond by January 15, 2018
Happy New Year! With the New Year upon us, Panola Partnership would like to help YOU promote your business to our visitors. Coming up this winter, we have two opportunities with the UKC Winter Coondog Classic and Lions Club Regional Convention. There will be other opportunities throughout the year.
We want to do our part in bringing new foot traffic into YOUR establishments and helping YOU build your customer base.
Respond by clicking the link below with the following information:
1. Business Name
2. Contact Person
3. Offer (i.e.: 10% off total purchase; 20% off a single regular price item; free appetizer with purchase of entree, etc.)
4. Cell phone number we can text to
5. Email address of the contact person
- We will do an initial printing of 500 booklets. You will be contacted before additional booklets are printed.
- These coupon books will be valid through December 31, 2018.
- They will be a one-use coupon that you can tear from the booklet once it is redeemed.
- We will use the cell phone (text) and email address (email) provided to contact you each time these booklets are distributed so you are aware that they will be circulating.
- We ask that you keep up with the coupons redeemed so we can measure the success of this promotion.
A Look Ahead
Take a moment to jot these coming events onto your calendars!
If you have events you'd like for us to add to our weekly/m
onthly newsletters and online calendar,
please email info to
. We will be glad to add these events to upcoming publications and our website.
January 12th: YPP Lunch Break resumes on each 2nd, 4th, and 5th Thursdays at area restaurants.
February 9-10: UKC Winter Classic @ Batesville Civic Center
February 17: Junior Auxiliary of Batesville's Charity Ball @ Arena One
March 4: Panola County Miss Hospitality Pageant. For more info, call 563-3126.
March 29: Panola Partnership Annual Meeting & Dinner
: Batesville SpringFest
* Racing for Paws 5K hosted by Panola Co. Humane Society
* Kids Area hosted by Junior Auxiliary of Batesville
* Mississippi Cornhole Classic hosted by Young Professionals of Panola
Monthly Meetings of Members
- Friends of the Batesville Public Library meets on the 1st Monday of each month at 12 noon at the Library.
- Panola County Humane Society meets on the 4th Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at Batesville Public Library.
Monthly Meetings of Partnership entities
- Panola Partnership's Executive Board meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 12 noon.
- Batesville Main Street Program's Board meets on the 2nd Friday of each month at 12 noon.
- Panola Partnership Ambassadors meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8am.
- YPP meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 12 noon.
Thank you to these members for continuing your commitment to Panola Partnership!
Batesville Presbyterian Church
The Candle & Gift Shoppe
Car Wash USA
Friends of the Batesville Public Library
11 (8a): Panola Partnership Ambassadors' Monthly Meeting @ PP office
11 (12p): YPP Lunch Break @ Square Cafe *Dutch treat
11 (5p): Knit Together @ Batesville Public Library
12-14: Panola Playhouse presents
Dogfight. Contact the Playhouse for ticket info.
12 (12p): Batesville Main Street Program's Monthly Board Meeting
12 (3p): Game On! @ Batesville Public Library
13 (3-5p): Women Empowered Self-Defense Training @ Go Performance Fitness & Health. Call 662-609-0516 or 662-420-9019 to register or inquire. $20/female ages 13+
18 (12p): YPP 3rd Thursday Meeting @ Panola Medical Center (hospital). First meeting of 2018! *Dutch treat
20 (11a): Build It with Legos @ Batesville Public Library
22 (5p): Chocolate & Chick Lit Book Club @ Batesville Public Library
23 (5:30p): Panola Co. Humane Society's Monthly Meeting @ Batesville Public Library
25 (12p): YPP Lunch Break @ El Mariachi. *Dutch treat
26 (4p): Crafternoons @ Batesville Public Library
Each Tuesday @ 4:30p: Afternoon Stories @ Batesville Public Library
Each Wednesday @ 10:30a: Music & Movement @ Batesville Public Library
2017-2018 Executive Board Members
Stephen Whatley, President
Dr. Tom Hodge, Vice President
Dale Hart, Past President
J.J. Heafner, Treasurer
Joe Azar, Director/Secretary
David Karr, City Representative
Gary Kornegay, IDA President
Kelley Magee, County Representative
Brad Robison, Partnership Representative
Flip Phillips & Ryan Revere, Legal Counsel