Each search option on your site, with the exception of Random Images, has a customizable field for "Help Text". These fields allow you to provide instructions to your visitors for how to most efficiently search your collection.
The default text for Keyword Search, Advanced Search, Objects, Photos, Archives, and Library is:
Search Hints: To search by phrase wrap your criteria in quotes. ex: "Find me"
The default text for Search by Term is:
Search Hints: Start your search by clicking a letter.
Using the steps below will overwrite this default text with information specific to your organization.
View our sample site for inspiration: http://roundleft.pastperfectonline.com.
- Sign into http://admin.pastperfectonline.com.
- Select the Help Text tab.
- Enter your custom text in each of the fields.
- Note: You can use plain text or HTML. Use HTML to get the formatting and spacing you desire. If you would like help with the HTML please contact us.
- Once you have made your changes, click the Update Museum button at the top or bottom of your page to save the changes.
- Click the Open Web Site link at the top of your page to view your changes.