The 57th Annual Spaghetti Dinner was a huge success!
A total of
14 BHS Musical Groups performed over the course of the evening. A complete video recording can be found on the Ballard Vimeo site to s
hare with friends and family who couldn't make it to the event. There are also photos on the
Ballard Flickr site
A special thank you to Brad Wressell and Peg Redford for again leading up the kitchen & cooking up the sauce.
Thank you as well to the volunteers, students, countless parents & community, and to the awesome Directors for a night to remember. We couldn't
do it without you!
NO GENERAL MEETING TONIGHT!
Group Picture Order Forms
will be available at the next BPA General Meeting or email
for more information about the Individual Group Class Photo orders.
BPA Booster Board Meeting on Tuesday, April 19th at 5:45 pm with a Reno Trip Meeting at 7:00 pm in the BHS Staff Lounge.
Next Performing Arts General Meeting date and time TBD.
Ballard Performing Arts
received a donation of $600 from the Goodwill Truck fundraiser last weekend. Thank you to everyone who made this event a success!
PARENT VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED!
This Wednesday, April 6th, the Ballard Choirs will host the 5th Annual Northwest Region Choral Showcase at 7:00 PM in the BHS Gymnasium.
Attention! Parents we need
help with the following:
- Bake Sale items
- Handing out Programs
- Directing Guests to the gym
Please contact Ms. Rowley if you are available to help out.
The Symphonic & Chamber Orchestra Tour to
Los Angeles is Friday, April 8th - 11th
- All Orchestra students and chaperones will meet at 5:00 am on Friday, April 8th at SeaTac (just inside the airport by the Alaska Airlines check in).
- Students should wear Orchestra T-shirts and black pants/skirt and black shoes. We will have a quick transfer from LAX to our first performance downtown, for which we'll need to be wearing nice black pants, black shoes, and Orchestra T's.
- New! Please note that students will need to pack a folding stand and clips for our downtown performance.
Choral Festival at BHS!
Wednesday, April 6th, the Ballard Choirs will host the 5th Annual Northwest Region Choral Showcase at 7:00 PM in the BHS Gym.
his wonderful neighborhood event brings together over 600 students from the choirs at Coe, John Hay, Lawton and West Woodland Elementary Schools, and Hamilton, McClure and Whitman Middle Schools, as well as our own Ballard Choirs. It offers parents a chance to see the musical pathways available to their students as they progress through school, and is a fun community event for all the students involved.
Call time for Ballard Choirs is 6:00 PM wearing their choir t-shirts and black pants.
Check out some amazing Concert Choir and Advanced Women's Chorale Carnegie Hall Trip photos
thanks to Pete Roman.
The Wind Ensemble and Percussionist Trip to
Vancouver B.C. is Friday, April 8th - 11th
- IMPORTANT! Students must be in the Ballard Band room wearing their Black Band T-shirts at 7:00 AM on Friday, April 8th. The buses will leave BHS promptly at 7:30 AM on Friday.
- Vancouver B.C. Permission slips and ID (Passports or Birth Certificates) are now PAST DUE. Please download a permission form here and have your student return the Past Due items to Mr James ASAP.
Please have your students pack a folding stand for their outdoor performance if possible.
Jazz 1 Trip to Reno is on April 28th through May 1st.
There will be a Trip meeting and Itinerary on Tuesday, April 19th in the BHS Staff Lounge at 7:00 pm.
Mark your calendars for Monday, May 16th!
Jazz Bands and Vocal Jazz
return to the stage at Dimitriou's Jazz Alley.
It is exciting to perform at this prestigious venue and the students always appreciate having a full and supportive crowd to cheer them on!
Doors open at 6:00 pm; with the show at 7:30 p.m. Come
for dinner or just come for the show. Tickets are $25. Make your
reservations now at jazz alley.com in advance of the show or call 441-9729.
Whether or not you have a student in one of the J
groups, we hope you will invite your friends and family (all ages welcome) to this fun evening!
Ballard Performing Arts receives a portion of the proceeds from the
so don't delay! This event has sold out in the past. Performing students will
need a ticket
if you would
save them a spot for dinner at your table.
The Student Directed One-Acts have been selected and cast!
Izabel Mar will open the evening with her cutting of
THE COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (Abridged)
, featuring Diego Roberts Buceta, Zoe Adamson, and Cora Tipping.
Camaira Metz follows with her production of
David Ives' short comedy SURE THING
starring Scotty McKinney and Sophia Rice.
Intermission will split the evening into two parts with the latter half leading with Alex Howell's treatment of
THE SCRIBE'S PARADOX/THE MECHANICAL RABBIT
with a cast of nine led by Helen Maclay .
To close out the evening, Aisha Carpenter puts Christopher Durang's absurdist comedy, DIVERSIONS, on stage with ten students portraying some of the wackiest characters to grace the BHS stage.
The event opens on May 12 and will run through May 21. All performances will be at 7:30 pm and tickets can be purchased online at
Let's finish an incredibly strong season with good attendance at these plays. Let's support these young new directors and their casts!
Spring Break is a good time to get your students instruments cleaned and tuned. We highly recommend Marie at
Seattle Sound Repair
located at 4112 Stone Way N in the Wallingford area. Phone: 206-659-9023 or Email:
Disclaimer: We do not screen or endorse any of the programs listed in the Community News
- This informational PTSA weekly BHS News is sent to subscribed families AND is also available to view on the
Ballard School Website
(including Archived Past Editions!) under the
. It includes school updates as well as Sports and Performing Arts News. To subscribe email your students name, grade and email address to:
- This Newsletter is published by the BHS PTSA five times a year and emailed to you if you are subscribed to the BHS News. It includes updates on the accomplishments and happenings at Ballard. It is also available to view on the
AND also on the Ballard School Website under the
AND under the Quick Links section on the BHS News.
- This is a Ballard Performing Arts Newsletter that is sent to subscribed families Weekly with up to the minute Music and Theatre Performance information, including links to photos, and videos of Concert performances. Also Archived Issues of the BPA Newsletter can be viewed on the
under Boosters and Newsletters. Questions? email@example.com
BHS Performing Arts Booster Club is a 501(c)(3). Keep this in mind
donate to the program and especially if
has a matching program. For donations, include our EID #. BPABC Contact: Nanette Magno