Children of Eden was an absolute phenomenon...
- Congratulations to the cast, pit orchestra and crew who rose to the occasion for this challenging production. You made art, music and magic with a play that requires much from every individual.
- Thanks to all of our supportive parents who clearly value arts in education, even when the schedule gets crazy.
- To the audience, your support and your sense of adventure mean so much.
- Special call out to the Performing Arts Booster Board for all you do.
- Sincere gratitude to Vocal Director Courtney Rowley, Instrumental Director Michael James & Choreographer Eia Waltzer. Your commitment to this show and to our kids truly extends above and beyond the call of duty.
- To Director Shawn Riley, thank you for your artistic vision. You chose the play nobody knows about and you had faith that the cast and crew would enthusiastically embrace the material. You had the tenacity to wrangle all the moving parts into a cohesive and beautiful production that was both thought-provoking and a joy to watch. You are the indispensable heart and soul of Ballard High Playmakers.
Performing Arts 57th Annual Spaghetti
Dinner on April 2nd
Come hear the Ballard Band, Orchestra, Drama groups & Choir students perform while you enjoy a home cooked spaghetti dinner. This is a wonderful event to share with your entire family and friends. Purchase tickets at
An event of this size could not happen without the support and help of many people. As they say, "many hands make light work," so please consider signing up to help the evening run smoothly. There are many jobs (large & small) to be filled. We need adults as well as students (service hours) so
to see ways that you can help support the Ballard Performing Arts!
Time to think about Spring Cleaning! The Goodwill truck will be at the back Ballard HS parking lot on
, 2016 from 10am to 2pm.
Please set aside your items for donations until then.
Ballard Performing Arts
will receive a donation of at least $500 from Goodwill. They will accept small furniture (no large furniture please), electronics, used cell phones, clothes, shoes, toys, kitchen items, etc.
for the most recent NYC Itinerary and
for a packing list.
Elliott Bay Choir Festival.
This all day festival for Treble Choir, Advanced Women's Chorale and Concert Choir will be held at Ingraham High School on Thursday, March 24th. Parents we only need 3 more chaperones. We will leave BHS at 8:00 am and return around 2:00 pm. Please email
if you can help out.
Symphonic Band / Mr James Middle:
Symphonic Band / Ms Miller Lower:
Wind Ensemble / Mr James
The Elliott Bay Regional Band Festival was held at Roosevelt High School last week where both the Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble had beautiful performances. Symphonic Band received feedback from Timothy Salzman who is the Professor of Music/Director of Concerts Bands at UW. Christopher Bianco who is the Director of Bands at Western Washington University talked at length to the Wind Ensemble congratulating them on an inspiring performance. View the performance here. Students also
had an opportunity to listen to bands from Roosevelt, Ingraham & Hale.
Wind Ensemble & Percussionists Trip to Vancouver BC on Friday, April 8th - 10th
Permission slips were handed out in class or download a form here and are due back to the mailbox
by March 25th
. We will also be collecting passports or birth certificates.
ID should be put in the Band Room mailbox before March 25th.
ID's will be kept in a binder that travels on the bus with your student. One chaperone will be in charge of each binder during the weekend. Students need to collect their ID before they go home on Sunday.
Jazz 1 Trip to Reno on April 28th - May 1st
Symphonic & Chamber Orchestra Tour to Los Angeles on Friday, April 8th - 11th
Please click here for the most recent itinerary which includes updated important travel information for the trip and click here
for a packing list.
Auditions for Student Directed One Acts are on Tuesday, March 29th.
Additional information to be posted soon!
Whitman Middle School is holding the first annual Whitman Jazz Fest Sunday, April 3rd at 1:00 pm at The Tractor Tavern. All Ages Welcome.
Whitman's two Jazz Bands will perform, as will a Jazz combo from Ballard High School.
Buy tickets online at
Or buy tickets at the door.
Proceeds benefit the Friends of Whitman Music Program. Check out their flyer for more info.
Marrowstone Music Festival
The deadline for application is March 18th. Applications are available online at
Since 1943 the Marrowstone Music
The Marrowstone Music Festival is scheduled for July 24-August 7, 2016.
Attached is a flyer with additional information.
Music Director Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestras &
Music Director, Marrowstone Festival.
Experience an incredible week of chamber music and orchestra at Vivace! August 15 - 20, 2016
Classes Include: Chamber Music Rehearsals, Orchestra/Large Ensemble Rehearsals, Choir, Performance Classes and Final Concerts. Held at Seattle Pacific University.
The Studio offers a high-quality After School for ages K-5th grade with locations in Ballard and Greenwood. Our program has a cultural arts concentration, providing students exposure to Interactive learning technologies, Music, Drama, Fine-Arts, Spanish and Yoga activities after school. Our staff are specialized early childhood educators and teachers. We c
Summer Leadership Volunteer opportunities as co-leads
in our exciting summer youth camps. Interested middle and high school students should complete our
and return it to Ms. Ali at
March 31st, 2016
. Informal interviews will take place in early April with decisions announced Mid-April followed by an orientation in May. Summer Camp volunteers can choose from a flexible schedule, mornings or afternoons and choice of days or weeks between June 27th and Sept 2nd. To learn more visit
is offering two scholarships ($250) for students who would like to sing with us in our spring session. "Radio Hour" will feature pop songs from every decade from the 20s to the present. Participants will enjoy 2 free voice lessons from Evan Norberg, our assistant director.
for additional information.
Service Learning Opportunity!
The Magnolia Chorale needs students to help with the door at their Concert on April 30 and May 1 for service hours credit. Contact Jean-Marie Kent at
for additional information.
Disclaimer: We do not screen or endorse any of the programs listed in the Community News
- This informational PTSA weekly BHS News is sent to subscribed families AND is also available to view on the
Ballard School Website
(including Archived Past Editions!) under the
. It includes school updates as well as Sports and Performing Arts News. To subscribe email your students name, grade and email address to:
- This Newsletter is published by the BHS PTSA four times a year and emailed to you if you are subscribed to the BHS News. It includes updates on the accomplishments and happenings at Ballard. It is also available to view on the
AND also on the Ballard School Website under the
AND under the Quick Links section on the BHS News.
- This is a Ballard Performing Arts Newsletter that is sent to subscribed families Weekly with up to the minute Music and Theatre Performance information, including links to photos, and Concert performances. Also Archived Issues of the BPA Newsletter can be viewed on the
under Boosters and Newsletters. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
BHS Performing Arts Booster Club is a 501(c)(3). Keep this in mind
donate to the program and especially if
has a matching program. For donations, include our EID #. BPABC Contact: Nanette Magno