December Maintenance Guidelines
After years of working in the industry and building a nursery business around Oklahoma's inclement weather, we are suggesting the following maintenance guidelines:
* Plant your container and Ball & Burlap (B& B) trees.
* Keep pansies moist especially when air is cold and dry.
* Mulch all beds with Marcum's Cedar Mulch including those around trees to help with moisture. Mulch keeps the areas from freezing as deep
* Remove leaves from cool-season grasses or mow with a mulching mower.
* Purchase spring flowering bulbs and refrigerate or keep cool in dry spot through December for planting when ground temps are 50 degrees or below.
* Continue to control broadleaf weeds in well established warm or cool-season lawns with ferti-lome Weed Free Zone post emergent broadleaf weed killer.
*Review the year's schedule and make plans for next year's improvements.