The Planning Association of Washington (PAW) invites you to submit a session proposal(s) for its 2018 conference to be held May 1-4, 2018 at the Campbell’s Resort in Lake Chelan. This year we will be focused on specific city planning issues and the delicate balance required with the protection of our natural systems. In addition, we are excited to unveil our “Planning Skills Camp” tract. This will cater to skill development ranging from new planners to planning managers. Be a part of our diverse and dynamic presentation offerings.
We are interested in seeking visionary, creative and collaborative speakers that offer innovative and engaging presentations. A successful proposal will describe a presentation that relates to the conference theme and addresses one of the following areas of interest:
Cities by Design:
- Open Space
- Urban Agriculture
- Urban Trails
- Affordable Housing
- Economic Development
- Urban Design
- Mixed Use
Nature Bats Last: (revisions, implementation, excellent project ideas, or something trending)
- Emergency Management (landslides, flooding, fire, etc.)
- Critical Area Ordinance
- Shoreline Master Program
Please transmit an email message with session proposals attached as a Microsoft Word document named with the proposed session title only. Please use the following guidelines in preparing your session proposal:
- Include a paragraph describing the topic and the proposed means of delivering the information.
- Proposals should contain a clear but concise explanation of what participants will learn from the session and how the presentation relates to the conference theme and/or one of the tentative tracks. This description must be no more than 200 words in length.
- Provide contact information (names, titles, email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers for the speakers/moderator along with short speaker bios, limited to 100 words each.
- Sessions should be approximately 90 minutes in length.
The deadline for proposals is
“January 9th, 2018”
Include your contact information (name, address, phone, and email address).
If you have questions, please submit those to Michelle at the above email address.
If selected, the session organizer will be responsible for confirming speakers, creating the content of the session, assigning a moderator, and ensuring the session is appropriately implemented. All speakers at the conference will be offered reduced fee registration for the conference. We look forward to collaborating with you on what will surely be a highly successful event!
- SPEAKER DISCOUNT: Speaker (attending entire conference): $100
Click the link button below to see the sponsorship options.
We thank you for your support!