BCS Prayer Partner Letter
|Bethlehem College and Seminary will be holding its first, full, formal commencement ceremony this Friday evening, May 18th, at 7:00pm at the downtown campus of Bethlehem Baptist Church.
This is another landmark event in the early history of BCS. While we have already graduated a few students in our first two years of existence, this is the first year in which we have graduates from all three degree levels--Associate, Bachelor, and Master.
As faithful prayer partners of BCS, we warmly invite you to attend this event as it is further evidence of the Lord's gracious answers to your and our prayers for these students. There are 27 students graduating on Friday and you have played a significant role in their accomplishment of their degrees. If you are able to come, we would be honored and blessed--and so would our students--by your presence with us this Friday night.
And even though these 27 students have completed the requirements for their degree, they are still in need of your prayers. Most of them are now facing another big transition in their lives and a good number of them don't yet know where the Lord is leading them. Many of those who are graduating with Associate or Bachelor degrees are either going on for further education or are already involved in ministry in significant ways. Most of our seminary graduates are seeking ministry positions (some have already secured pastoral positions with churches), but a few are considering further education as well.
So please continue to pray for them for their future directions. Our graduating students are listed below:
Associate: Forrest Ackermann, Morgan Jackson, Brad Kresge, Gabe Leake, Caitlin Lemmon, Joy Schneider, Whitney Waldemar, Amelia Widmark, Dann Zinke
Bachelor: Josh Anderson, Sam Barber, Brent Fischer, Luke Lorence, Dan Nichols, Andrew Preston, Heather Rushfeldt, Mike Sutton, Jim Waldemar
Master: Johnathon Bowers, Rob Hulson, Ben Jensen, Steven Lee, Jonathan Parnell, Neil Schindler, Marshall Segal, Eric Tibayan, Brett Toney
Thanking the Lord for you!
Bethlehem College and Seminary
As the Lord brings Bethlehem College and Seminary to your mind, please continue to pray with us. Please this email to others who you believe may wish to join our prayer partner email list. We will not send emails to anyone without their permission.
- Please pray for our faculty as they work to complete all of the grading and assessments necessary for our students to graduate.
- Please also keep praying for the commencement ceremony itself as there are many details to contend with and we want it to glorifying to the Lord and a blessing to the students and their families. The commencement ceremony planning process is new to us and we need the Lord's help on this!
- Pray for all of our students that they be able to finish the year well. This is finals week and one which often puts a lot of pressure on them.
- Please pray also for our incoming class this fall. Pray especially that the Lord would bring us a few more female students in the coming weeks.
- Please pray for the BCS board as it meets this Thursday, May 17th. We need to approve next year's budget at this meeting among many other significant issues before us. Join me in both thanking the Lord for our board and praying for wisdom for them as well.
- Thanks also for your faithful prayers for our finances! The Lord is good! He has brought in significant gifts in recent weeks and our need for the remainder of the fiscal year is down to about $65,000. Praise the Lord for all things!