I hope everyone has had a good week. I visited each of the classes on Friday, watching them learn through play. It reminds me of the reason why I love working with kids: their pure joy and excitement of learning with a friend. They don't even realize that they are learning in everything that they do. Watching their expressions when doing something for the first time or finally accomplishing something that they have been trying to do for some time and it finally happening; it is as special as watching your own child doing something for the first time. This all makes my heart very happy! We are so blessed to have the wonderful teachers in our classrooms; how much they love working with children
shows in all they do.
This upcoming school week is a bit crazy: the holiday on Monday and teacher workdays on Thursday and Friday. I know it can be difficult, especially for those who work. Guilford County Schools have finally heard the parents' plea and have eliminated this crazy week for next year. On top of the short week, the weather forecast is potentially calling for winter weather. I thought it important to remind everyone of Starmount Preschool's winter
Starmount Preschool follows the calendar and the policies of the Guilford County School System regarding delays or closings due to inclement weather, holidays, early dismissals, and teacher workdays:
- If the Guilford County Schools close, Starmount Preschool will also close.
- If the Guilford County Schools are delayed 1 hour, the Preschool opens @ 9:00am
- If the Guilford County Schools are delayed 2 hours, the Preschool opens @ 10:00am
- If the Guilford County Schools are delayed 3 hours, the Preschool opens @ 11:00am
- If the Guilford County Schools close early, the Preschool will close one hour earlier than the schools. For example, if the schools are to close at 1:00 pm, the Preschool will close at 12:00.
In case of snow or ice, please listen to your radio or TV for school closings or delays. The number of snow days to be made up, if any, will be determined by the Preschool Executive Committee and Director. The Preschool already has make-up days built into the calendar.
If the weather conditions should become hazardous after your child has arrived at school, please come and pick up your child as soon as possible. Use your best judgment and come while you can still manage to get back home safely. Please Keep the Director informed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Starmount Preschool Director