CHANGES AFFECTING YOU, YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD,YOUR HOME
—all made without your input
- Town Edge District ELIMINATED The current district contains criteria for residential density and neighborhood-oriented commercial development—a 2015 county/towns meeting confirmed all towns supported the Town Edge District as written
- Potential Development Areas [PDAs] now proposed around the towns—no residential density limit is stated, and “large-scale commercial/industrial development” would be permitted
- 24 Hamlets become Villages: Meaning? Residential density will double, and commercial, industrial and institutional uses will be permitted in what are now small, mostly single-family residential Hamlets (Wardtown, Weirwood, Cherrystone Landing, Franktown, Sylvan Scene, etc)
- Public Sewer Expansion County citizens have not been supportive, yet the Northern and Southern sewer projects are back in play with the Public Service Authority [PSA] being charged with identifying areas for expansion.
- ELIMINATED Oyster and Willis Wharf Village Visions. Both communities' plans for their collective futures have been removed.
- ELIMINATED County’s Sensitive Natural Resource Areas Report & Recommendations
- Hundreds of new building lots possible, with county population projected to decrease
- Affordable Housing: Code required strategies to provide are ignored
These are only a portion of changes to the current Comprehensive Plan.
Today until September 25 will be your only opportunity to have your voice heard before the Comprehensive Plan goes to Public Hearing.