For the most part, engineering is invisible. You know what a valve looks like, but typically you can't see the superiority designed into each and every valve we make. Milwaukee and Hammond Valve demand excellence in our engineering department, with groups operating in each of our facilities to support the manufacturing of all products. These engineers provide design services as well, translating the critical specifications and processes into manufactured items - a key step where other suppliers, without our depth of experience, often fall flat.
Our well-staffed engineering department is supported by state-of-the-art computer tools, from 3D design using Solidworks, to finite element analysis (FEA) using COSMOS, to computational fluid dynamics (CFD) using CF Design software, to automated data acquisition in our laboratories using Labview. We operate our own fire-test facility to help us achieve and maintain the most advanced fire-safe designs to the latest API and other standards. We translate our 3D designs directly to tool paths, both on our shop floor and in our pattern shop, which supports our in-house foundry operation. These capabilities also service our engineering and contracting customers, who use these models in their equipment and building designs.
Some of the benefits of maintaining an engineering department include:
- Providing technical engineering support directly to customers and distributors, as well as to our internal and field sales teams
- Analysis and solutions to technical engineering application problems for both existing and potential customers
- The ability to consult with customers, distributors, and field sales regarding product capabilities
- Assisting customers in determining requirements and managing expectations by providing specific products and solutions
- Review of project specifications, valve/material selections, and actuator sizing
- The ability to travel to support customer on-site application/system analysis requirements
For more information on our capabilities or assistance with a specific problem, contact your
sales representative. Their experience and industry knowledge will simplify finding a solution to your product and application requirements.