|Over the past several months, we have accumulated a list of frequently asked questions by our clients pertaining to the
new web portal.
These are direct quotes. We have left out the names to protect the innocent.
"Is this MANDATORY? Do we have to use the new system? I don't like it and it seems like more work for us!"
Ok, Ok.....We are not 2nd or 8th Judicial here, nothing is mandatory. We still live in a world where my father thinks Siri is complicated, and I have employees who "blank stare" me when I pick up the mouse and talk into the monitor saying,"Computer...Hello Computer"
(Star Trek IV)
The best advise I have for using this new system:
- Bookmark the web portal https://ef.cacourtfiling.com/reno/,
- Make sure your security settings always remembers your password,
- Always use the CLONE feature to re-create requests in the same case
- Use your address book
- Use the Note feature for all questions that correspond to each tracking number.
- Please do not let this new system frustrate you. If something doesn't make sense or is not working properly please let us know and we will fix it. If problems still arise, let me buy you and your office lunch and I will come give a brief hands on demonstration.
"What if my service docs are too big to upload or there is a check attached?
Instead of filling out a process form or typing a letter of instructions, upload the service instructions but
no documents. After you have submitted your request, you will be able to print your service instructions and attach them to the service documents for pick up.
"Do we still have to print out 2 messenger slips for anything going to 1st Jud or Sec of State?'
No, if a document is submitted, validation is made available online with a date, and time stamp.
"Is there an extra charge for using the online messenger system?"
No, there is no extra charge for using our online system.
"Do I still have to call if I order a SPECIAL online"
Yes, you should always
call in a Special or RUSH/TODAY service of process, or any time sensitive requests
once they have been submitted. As soon as you know you will be needing our services, please submit your request online with full and detailed instructions, so our dispatch can get to it as quickly as possible.
Please let us know if you have any more questions.
For more great questions to be put in the future news letter, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org