Off to a great start!
Thanks to all the facilitators who attended the first RESA session. Your attention and participation is appreciated.
IMPORTANT FACILITATOR INFORMATION
In Year 3, Resident Educators begin working with a Facilitator to prepare for the RESA. The Facilitator's focus is on supporting the Resident Educator through open-ended and probing questions to prompt decisions about instructional choices of evidence as well as providing technological support around video and uploading documents.
Anyone who is mentoring an RE-3, RESA candidate is called a facilitator not a mentor. To be a facilitator,
one must complete the Facilitator Module which is about 3 hours.
Path to Online Training
* Login to ODE Safe Account
* Access Learning Management System/external site
* Click on Course Catalog
* Browse Courses
* Click on Resident Educator Program on left
* Choose training module
* RESA Facilitation
THINGS TO DO AND NOT TO DO AS A FACILITATOR
- Verify that your Program Coordinator has registered Resident Educators who are eligible to take the RESA in Ohio's CORE database.
- Engage Resident Educators in formative experiences in preparation for the RESA and, more importantly, a career of reflective practice.
- Review the RESA Guidebook with Resident Educators to help them understand the requirements of the Lesson Reflection and how it will be scored.
- Ask open-ended questions to deepen understanding of the specific areas of the assessment without editing or leading Resident Educators in a specific direction.
- Examine Score Report results with Resident Educators, using assessor feedback along with the Lesson Reflection domains and the candidates' submissions to discuss areas for improvement.
- Help identify specific units or videos to include as submission evidence.
- Develop or edit Resident Educators' video evidence or Video Commentary and Reflection Form responses.
- Provide feedback on how to change actual submissions and point Resident Educators in a different direction from what has been submitted.
- Use candidate credentials to log in to the RESA Submission System.
- Share Resident Educators' actual video evidence and Video Commentary and Reflection Form responses with others.
We look forward to working with you in the upcoming RESA sessions to be held at the Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West, 2275 Collingwood Blvd., Toledo.
Be sure to mark your calendar now for your next sessions:
January 30, 2018 4:30 - 6:00 pm
Focused Mentoring 1: Communication, Collaboration & Professional Growth
March 8, 2018 4:30 - 6:00 pm
Focused Mentoring 2: Formative and Summative Assessment