RESA REQUIREMENTS FOR 2017-18
Candidates must submit the following three RESA items online by January 19, 2018:
- Teaching and Learning Context Form p. 10 of guidebook
- Video Recording of the Lesson p. 11 of guidebook
- Video Commentary and Reflection Form p. 12-13 of guidebook
RESOURCES TO HELP YOU WITH RESA
- Webinar: Navigating the 2017-18 RESA This 80 minute video walks you through the 2017-18 RESA with many helpful hints. BE SURE TO WATCH!)
- Using Handbrakes to Modify Video File Size and Type (free software application to compress or convert video files)
To assist you with the actual submission process refer to the Technical Reference Guide
p. 30-35 of the guidebook.
For additional technical support or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-538-8634 (M - F 8 am - 12 pm, 1 pm - 5 pm ET)
Remember the technical help desk will be closed from Nov. 22 - Jan. 1 so practice uploading video recordings NOW to be sure you don't have any problems. This doesn't have to be the video that you will actually use for your RESA. It can just be a test to be sure you know how the system works and you can take the test video down later if you wish.
SCORING INFORMATION FOR RESA CANDIDATES
The following is information about what the assessors who score RESA submissions will be able to view:
- Context form p. 10 - this is always visible to the assessors
- Question #1 (learning outcomes) p. 12 - this is always visible to the assessors
- Responses to each question #2-8 are viewed and scored separately by an assessor and after a question has been scored, the assessor cannot return to the candidate's response.
RESA FACILITATOR RULES
Things Your Facilitator CAN do:
- Register Resident Educators who are eligible to take the RESA in Ohio's CORE database.
- Engage Resident Educators in formative experiences in preparation for the RESA and, more importantly, a career of reflective practice.
- Review the RESA Guidebook with Resident Educators to help them understand the requirements of the Lesson Reflection and how it will be scored.
- Ask open-ended questions to deepen understanding of the specific areas of the assessment without editing or leading Resident Educators in a specific direction.
- Examine Score Report results with Resident Educators, using assessor feedback along with the Lesson Reflection domains and the candidates' submissions to discuss areas for improvement.
Things Your Facilitator CANNOT do:
- Help identify specific units or videos to include as submission evidence.
- Develop or edit Resident Educators' video evidence or Video Commentary and Reflection Form responses.
- Provide feedback on how to change actual submissions and point Resident Educators in a different direction from what has been submitted.
- Use candidate credentials to log in to the RESA Submission System.
- Share Resident Educators' actual video evidence and Video Commentary and Reflection Form responses with others.
MORE RE YEAR 3 SESSIONS SCHEDULED
Mark your calendars for the upcoming RESA Consortium sessions to be held at the Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West. These will be WORKING sessions to allow you to complete the focused mentoring requirements. Please encourage your facilitator to attend these sessions with you. More information will follow in future newsletters.
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 4:30 - 6:00 Focused Mentoring 1: Communication, Collaboration & Professional Growth
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 4:30 - 6:00 Focused Mentoring 2: Formative and Summative Assessment